Powered by Blogger.

Heart You

Hi friends! Today I'm popping in to share a little card I created with the fantastic June Missy Whidden Color Kit. It's already sold out once, but been restocked, so be sure to snatch one up if you find you need one in your collection!


I {puffy heart} LOVE the colors in this kit! Especially the delectable new kit exclusive Hint of Mint color. Combined with Chance of Rain, they make the most stunning ocean effects like on the Hope to Sea You Soon card I posted recently.

The June kit comes with four fabulous colors, a set of Dotz, plus an exclusive Paige Evans Cut File. 

I must confess I'm an old school crafter. I own a cutting machine, but it's never made it out of it's box in the three years I've had it. One of these days I'll be brave enough to unbox it, figure out where to put it, and figure out how to work it! 😀 I did fall in love with the sweet heart image for this month's cut file, though, so I resized it in my photo editing software and printed out on cardstock with alaser printer in a variety of sizes. I had a very pleasant afternoon painting all sorts of hearts in the kit colors, then fussy cutting to layer onto my card.


I smooshed a panel with the pinks and then a larger panel with the blues, then layered everything together, adding a bit of twill across the back.  I used one of the Dotz in the kit as my sentiment and tested out whether or not you could paint on them. Yes, you can! I painted the little heart with pink caviar shimmerz. It took a couple of coats to get it to stick solidly, but it worked and I love the pop of color it adds!  I finished off with some shabby edges and a regular card base.


Thanks so much for stopping by today! As always, if you're inspired to place an order in the Shimmerz Paints shop, put my name in the comments so they know who sent ya!