Powered by Blogger.

The Cat's Meow

Hi friends! Happy Friday! I'm back with another card using the new Hero Arts release. I paired a sentiment  and the mirror confetti from the February My Monthly Hero kit with several add-on products to make this fun card.


I started by ink blending the background using the new Graphic Deco Stencil with distress oxide inks in salty ocean, blueprint sketch and twisted citron. I just love the resulting blend between twisted citron and salty ocean! I used a makeup brush that I had recently cleaned off. I think it was still a bit wet, because the color went on much more vivid and vibrant than other times. Maybe the oxides reacted with the dampness of the brush? Something to experiment with, for sure. Anyhow, I loved how it turned out and decided to layer the Vintage Window Fancy Die over it. I cut it from white cardstock and also from fun foam and layered them together. I'm all out of white fun foam, so picked a coordinating color to my background in case anything peeked through.


Before I laid this section down, I stamped a rectangle with the you're the and the Cat's Meow sentiments from the February main kit and embossed in gold. I also added a couple of starts from the Diamond in the Ruff set for accent. Next I stamped the fabulous feline from the same set in black and cut with the coordinating Diamond in the Ruff Frame Cuts. I layered it all together and then decided to tie in the black cat a little more by adding some of the black and gold mirror confetti as accents all around the card. I finished off with a tiny dot from a green stardust gelly roll pen for her eye. This card was sure a lot of fun to make!

Thanks so much for stopping by! I hope you have a fabulous start to your weekend!