Powered by Blogger.

The Winter Blues

Hi friends! Hope y'all have been enjoying this last little bit of the year. Our family is in the hole up for winter phase. So many events leading up to Christmas, I'm not sure we'll leave the house until New Year's Eve! 😁 Speaking of a hectic schedule, I'm popping in today with a card I had planned on posting Monday. But time got away from me and this is the first chance I've had to edit photographs.


I started with the adorable Snowman Soup set from Sweet 'n  Sassy Stamps.Enabler alert: Sweet 'n Sassy  has a sweet year end sale going on. Save 18% off site-wide with promo code YEAREND18.


Alright, back to the regularly scheduled post. 😉 I wanted to make a card with the Mojo 505 Sketch, since I hadn't had a chance to play yet. The link up is open through December 30, so you still have the weekend to play!


I stamped the snowman mug image and colored with Copic markers, then fussy cut and set aside. I then cut a banner strip wide enought to fit the mug and chose a background stamp from Texture Tiles 2. It's a cobblestone image, but I thought it looked a lot like marshmallows to go with my cocoa theme.  I stamped the background in stone ink and also on a circle die cut. Next I stamped the sentiment in black and added a bit of iced aqua sponging around the edges so it wasn't so stark.


I determined where I wanted to place my mug and then stamped the heart steam image so it would match up.  The vertical panel is stamped tone on tone in stone (I love how that rhymes) with the Wood Grain Backgrounds set that is the December stamp of the month. It's a fabulous set, and you can get it for free with a $75 or more purchase. I added an iced aqua background embossed with a chicken wire embossing folder, then finished off with RC Aqua mats, a sparkly snowflake and a bit of ribbon.

Thanks so much for stopping by today! I hope you have a cozy hot cocoa or your favorite kind of beverage day! I'd love for you to play along with Mojo Monday if you haven't already!


Affiliate links are used where possible. When you order from them, I receive a small commission at no additional cost to you and you receive happy mail! Win, win! Thanks so much for clicking on my links to shop. 💙

4 comments

Purple Princess said...

So cute!

JoAnn said...

Love your card with the sweet snowman soup image. Love the colors too. TFS

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Love the colour combo and the card.
Faith
x

kiwimeskreations said...

How gorgeous Julee - love the way you have used the stone and aqua colours so beautifully together. Your detailing is fabulous
Blessings
Maxine