Powered by Blogger.

One Cup at a Time

Hi friends! Since today is National Coffee Day, I just had to share a coffee card with you all. I know there's a big traditional blog hop over on the Coffee Loving Cardmakers Blog today, so you'll want to head over and check that out for some more caffeinated papercrafting goodness!


I started by stamping the cup from the Cozy Cup set by Clearsnap in graphite and then watercoloring with graphite, palomino and cattail Colorbox Dyestress Inks. I fussy cut the image and set it aside while I turned to the background.


I used the same three neutral colors to smoosh a background onto white cardstock, then stamped this beautiful sentiment from the Big Cup set in cattail directly on the panel. It didn't stand out enough, so I tried to add some white gel pen accents to lighten things up and lightened it up too much!  LOL So luckily, I still had my stamp in my MISTI, so stamped again with Versamark and embossed with Midnight Bronze embossing powder. A simple white card base finishes things off.

Thanks so much for stopping by today! I hope you have a fabulous day!






Big Cups – The Cat's Pajamas PaperArts
[ THC ]
Clearsnap® Cozy Cup
[ CLR ]
Clearsnap® Dyestress Blendable Inks
[ CLR ]
Midnight Bronze embossing powder –...
[ LND ]
Signo - White Uni-ball Impact Pen
[ SBC ]
MT100 Original MISTI Laser Etched...
[ HA ]

Stamps: Cozy Cup (Clearsnap), Big Cups (The Cat’s Pajamas)
Inks: palomino, cattail, and graphite Colorbox Dyestress Inks (Clearsnap), Versamark (Tsukineko)
Paper: smooth Bristol (Canson)
Accessories: midnight bronze embossing powder (Lindy’s Stamp Gang), white gel pen (Uniball Signo), MISTI (My Sweet Petunia)

4 comments

sansuey said...

That background ❤️! And the Perfect, Spot ON shading of that cup! Love this card!

Carmela said...

Lovely card, Julie!! That background is fabulous.

Christine Kiehl said...

Nicely done!

Purple Princess said...

Very nice! I love the background!!