Powered by Blogger.

Pot of Gold Mojo

Hi friends! It's Monday again and time for a brand new Mojo Monday sketch. This week's sketch is sweet and simple and I really hope you enjoy it.



I started with the limited time free Lucky Day digital, printing the pot of gold sentiment. I wanted to punch it up, but my gold gel pen is on the fritz.  So I used a quickie glue stick pen to highlight different sections of the sentiment, then dusted on some gold embossing powder and heat embossed. I love the look!

I had a leftover partial doily from last week's card, so decided to use portions of it as elegant photo corners for the sentiment panel and top corner of the card.


The black strip is stamped with the faded dot background from the Better Together stamp set, and I embossed it in gold and then tore the top and bottom edges.

Mojo Monday 488
For the background, I embossed the white cardstock with a pretty flourish design, then mixed up a little glossy accents and water to splatter onto the card with a fan brush.  After splattering, I sprinkled with gold embossing powder and heat embossed for those fabulous golden sprinkles.  I finished off with a golden double bow up in the corner.

Thanks so much for stopping by today! I hope you have a wonderfully creative week. For more inspiration, hop on over to the Mojo Monday blog to see what the other designers are sharing today.

Enabler's List
Stamps: Better Together, Lucky Day Digital Set (Verve Stamps)
Paper: white, black, gold doily
Ink: laser printer, versamark
Accessories: scroll flourish embossing folder (Cuttlebug), fine detail gold embossing powder (JudiKins), glossy accents (Ranger), ribbon, hot glue gun, quickie glue pen

13 comments

Dorothy S said...

Julee, this is gorgeous - SO elegant. I like the corner - and the little golden flecks that just seem to fall from it.

Maureen said...

What a great way to use all the bits of a doily! Your cards this week have been making me smile every day :). Ox

Lucy E. said...

This is really lovely!
Those gold splatters, the bow and all
of the white space are so elegant.

Cynthia said...

This is lovely, Julee. Love the gold embellishments!

JoAnn said...

Love your card and all the gold accents. So pretty.

Hetty said...

So beautiful, Julee. Always loving all your layering.

Tammy said...

Great sketch challenge this week! I love the gold ribbon on your card.

Nora Noll said...

What a lovely card!! I really like how you used the gold doily on this. Genius way to use some scraps up!!

Julia @ It's Always Ruetten said...

Beautiful! Love it! Pinned for inspiration!

Ewa S. said...

Beautiful!!!

Kate said...

So pretty!!! Love the tip with the water and glossy accents and gold embossing powder - must try this.

stampingbowd said...

Gorgeous! I love the gold accents on this! Love the layer with the gold dots! Your gold bow is exquisite!! Beautiful card!

Purple Princess said...

Very pretty!