Powered by Blogger.

Blessings Be More

Hi friends! I'm popping in with a quick little card I threw together with one of the sentiments from the Lucky Day digital set and the current little thank you gift included when I ship Verve orders. I've been having a lot of fun putting these little virtual make & takes together. Hope y'all enjoy them.

Handmade card by Julee Tilman. www.poeticartistry.blogspot.com

I thought this pretty gingham ribbon I found in the back room would look good with some crisp lines to the layout. The middle panel designer paper has a bunch of ampersands, which I though paired with the sentiment quite nicely.  But then, of course, I love how this ribbon ties, so had to make a big old bow, that ended up covering up the ampersands.


Other than what is included in the thank you gift, the only thing I added was a bit of old paper and antique linen distress ink sponged around the edges of each panel. Plus I highlighted the little accents on the sentiment with a gold gel pen.  I used an X-Acto knife to cut my mats.  Here are measurements if you'd like to try it yourself.


  • Trim damask design to 4 x 5.25"
  • Trim black cardstock to 4-1/8" x 5-3/8"
  • Trim ampersand design to  4" x 2-5/8"
  • Cut  2 3/4" x 4-1/8" mat for this layer from the center of the black cardstock with X-Acto knife
  • Cut a 1/8" mat for printed sentiment from the center of the mat you just cut
  • Assemble and share a little blessing with someone special!

Thanks so much for stopping by today! I've been super busy with birthday errands for the boys.  So hard to believe my little loves turn 5 tomorrow!

Enabler's List
Stamps: Lucky Day digital set (Verve Stamps)
Paper: Times & Seasons 2 (Echo Park), pearlized cream cardstock (Paper Accents), black cardstock
Ink: antique linen, old paper (Ranger Distress), laser printer, gold gel pen
Accessories: gingham ribbon (May Arts), X-Acto knife

11 comments

Tricia T said...

What a fun idea for a thank you gift! So pretty!

Purple Princess said...

gorgeous!!

Sari said...

I have downloaded the set and hope to use it soon, thanks for the inspiration (and the set), your card is sweet!

Davi said...

Beautiful card Julee! Love the ribbon with the dp and sentiment!

Carmela said...

Very pretty card. Your ribbons are also so pretty.

Lisa said...

I love the extra goodies you send with orders. I received mine and I love the way your card looks. So I probably lift it if you don't mind? Hugs

Sheri Gilson said...

Very pretty, Julee! Always love the goodies you add to our orders! ❤️

JoAnn said...

So pretty. Love the papers and the pretty gingham bow.

Maria said...

I love all your cards, but this really inspired me to CASE it. May I do so, and blog it? I'd of course give you credits and link to your card when blogging.
/Maria at madebymaria.com

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Hi Maria, glad you liked it. Feel free to CASE any of my cards. I don't mind at all.

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Sure thing, Lisa! So glad you like it.