Powered by Blogger.

Life Could Be a Dream Sweetheart

Hi friends! It's Friday again and time for a brand new sketch over at Viva la Verve! I'm your hostess this week and somehow I scheduled both the Mojo Monday sketch and Viva la Verve sketch for this week to have a triple panel background, even though I created the sketches a couple months apart. One of these days, someone should tell my right brain what my left brain is doing! {grin}  So y'all are going to be really good at triple panel backgrounds now, right? After all, it's a great way to use up scraps!

For my card, I wanted to use a little nautical kit I got from Tuesday Morning for 99 cents that's been sitting on my desk calling my name.So I pulled out an old favorite stamp set, Learning to Sail, paper piecing the ship's sails and then coloring with copics, adding a bit of frothy waves with frosted lace stickles.  I added a doily to mat the circle, then simply cut some nautical papers for my background and horizontal panel.  Super simple, but I really like the breezy feel to it.


Thanks so much for stopping by today! I hope you have a fabulous weekend!

Viva la Verve August Sketch 1
Enabler's List
Stamps: Learning to Sail (Verve Stamps)
Papers: (MAMBI), paper doily, white cardstock
Ink: archival black (Ranger), copic markers
Accessories: stitched circles stax (MFT), frosted lace stickles (Ranger)

6 comments

Tricia T said...

I love this! It is so clean and breezy feeling!

Nancy said...

Great card and I love triple panel backgrounds anyhoo! ;)

Davi said...

A darling card, the fun nautical backgrounds dps are great with the sweet little sailboat :)

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Julee, what a sweet card, and I love this little boat! And what fabulous DP you've used! I really love this sketch and had hoped to use it somehow...perhaps one day (I always save them in my Sketches Pinterest board). Just adorable with the sentiment and the pieced boat! Hugs!

Cynthia said...

Great take on this week's sketch, Julee! Love your paper choices and the paper pieced sail.

ellyscard creatief said...

Very lovely card.