Powered by Blogger.

Espresso Thanks VLV

Hi friends! Welcome to July! I'm hosting the first July sketch over on the Viva la Verve sketches blog today. The challenge runs the whole month long, so I hope you'll play along.

Card by Julee Tilman featuring Verve Stamps| www.poeticartistry.blogspot.com

I started with a crumb cake background and stenciled the coffee stains with vintage photo ink.  Next I inked up the edges of my designer paper and layered them together, wrapping a bit of hemp twine around it.  The espresso cup and the sentiment are printed out using the Three Cheers Digital Set (if you haven't had a chance to grab it yet, I've extended the deadline to download until July 4.)

I colored the cup with Copic markers, then cut out by hand.  The sentiment is the perfect size for the larger die in the Stitched Pennants Die Set.  A few distressed edges and a crumb cake card base finish things off.

Card by Julee Tilman featuring Verve Stamps| www.poeticartistry.blogspot.com

Thanks so much for stopping by today! I hope you have a fantastic start to the month!

Viva la Verve July Sketch 1
Enabler's List
Stamps: Three Cheers Digital Set (A Cut Above by VERVE)
Paper: Liberty (BoBunny), crumb cake (SU!), white
Ink: vintage photo (Ranger Distress)
Accessories: Stitched Pennants Die Set (A Cut Above by VERVE), hemp twine, Splatters Layering stencil (Tim Holtz)

3 comments

Davi said...

A fun card, I like the western flavor it has :)

Gail said...

I never tire of the coffee creations - thank you for the freebie and for sponsor the coffee hop as well - thanks for the new Sketch challenge - have a blessed week!

Carmela said...

Julee, I love this card. I wish you would give us a tutorial on your distressing techniques. Very nice.