Powered by Blogger.

Hip Hop Hooray Day 3 Spotlight

Hi friends!  Welcome back to Day 3 of Verve's March Spotlight Hops!  Have you been enjoying the spotlights as much as me?  I love seeing everyone's different creative takes on the sets. Everything you've been seeing this week is available in the Verve Store right now and on sale 20% off!


Once again, I'm the first stop on the hop, so settle in and hop along with us as we take a closer look at at Hip Hop Bunnies, the Bunny Hop die set and the Welcome plain jane.


My boys are turning 4 tomorrow, so I knew I wanted to make a birthday card with today's set.  This bunny with his hands behind his back totally reminds me of Trevor, so I went with a turquoise color scheme.  When they were babies, they were so identical I had to paint one of Trevor's toenails turquoise so we could tell them apart.  The boys love Mickey Mouse, so I added some Mickey balloons with a paper punch and some twine.  The bunny is colored with Copics and cut out with the coordinating Bunny Hop Die Set.  I finished with the sentiment stamped across two panels.

Want to win some shiny new Verve? We'll be picking a random commenter on one of the hop spots below to win today's featured products! So be sure to leave a little comment on all the blogs below to increase your chances! Check out the Verve Blog today for the full hop list, a little more about our new products and all the prize info and deadlines!
Hip Hop Bunnies Bunny Hop Die Set Welcome Plain Jane

Thanks so much for hopping by today!  Next stop on the hop is the lovely Amber.  


Day 3 Hop List
1. Julee7. Mackie
2. Amber8. Marisa
3. Betty9. Maureen
4. Charmaine10. Stacey
5. Christyne11. Teresa
6. Lee-Anne12. Vicki




Enabler's List
Stamps: Hip Hop Bunnies (Verve Stamps)
Paper: Patina Basics (Bazzill), basic black (SU!), white
Ink: black, copic markers
Accessories: Bunny Hop Die Set (A Cut Above by VERVE), Mickey Mouse punch (EK Success), twine

51 comments

Donna Oates said...

That is so cute! I've got a granddaughter now and this set and dies will make some cute cards! On my wish list!!!!

Sabrina said...

Such a darling card!!

Maureen said...

so adorable, Julee! Wow…four years already! I love hearing stories about when they were babies :) Our grandson might share their birthday! I'll keep you posted :)

Carlypool said...

Julee, I love the micky baloons, what a great idea!!!! These bunnies are just way to cute, much like all the other animals you carry!!!

Michele K. Henderson said...

I love your adorable little bunny card! So cute!
Take care!
Michele

Denise Bryant said...

Such a sweet birthday card! I love Mickey too, so the balloons are a fun addition! Love that darling bunny!

Sue Crease said...

Julee this card is so lovely. I love the story on the nail varnish I think I would have done that too it I had been blessed with two little fellas like you. What a cute use of the Mickey Mouse punch. Love the Plain Jane stamp.
Sue

Jill Norwood said...

Happy 4th Birthday to your boys! And what a sweet birthday card! Love the color scheme and the sweet balloons with this cute bunny! What an adorable stamp set! Love this wonderful release and the amazing inspiration!

D.Ann C said...

Oh, a bunny with Mickey mouse balloons is too stinkin' cute!

Becca Yahrling said...

What an absolutely adorable card! I love this bunny the best of the three in this really cute set.

cghundley said...

So cute and love
the story and the
color!
Carla from Utah

Lee-Anne said...

Cannot believe the boys are 4 already! Where does the time go? Love the colors on this sweet card and those balloons just make me smile :)

Lori Kobular said...

Your card is just so precious! I love the bunny with his hands behind his back and those Mickey Balloons are terrific! Hope your boys have a Happy Birthday!

Christine said...

Love the Mickey balloons and four-year-old birthday celebrations are fabulous, too!

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

Oh this is so adorable, love the cute design

Unknown said...

Super cute love that bunny.

Teri said...

Love the colors! Fun card.

Katia said...

this little bunny looks so cute, beautiful card!

McStamper said...

What a great card. Love the MM balloons you used.

McStamper said...

What a great card. Love the MM balloons you used.

McStamper said...

What a great card. Love the MM balloons you used.

Mopheaded1 said...

Sweet card filled with lots of love! The Mickey balloons are great! The boys will love their cards from you! Their picture hugging is adorable!

Teresa Godines #6857 said...

Super cute. I love the balloons. TFS

Parker said...

Hip Hop Bunnies is so cool.....can be used for boys and used for girls. I love your take by including the balloons for a young boy along with a blue-bellied rabbit.

Von Marie said...

Super cute birthday card, I'm sure your son will love it...I know I would :)

Stephanie said...

Oh my what an adorable Birthday card!

Rosemary said...

super adorable birthday card!!

Heather said...

This is so adorable!! Love the turquoise color scheme. I CANNOT believe that your boys are turning 4 already!! Happy Birthday to them!

Dori Shelton said...

What a sweet card! Love the color scheme you used.

JoAnn said...

So adorable. Love the colors and cute bunny with those balloons.

Vicki Dutcher said...

So fun with the added mickey balloons!

Brandi R said...

So cute! That bunny is just darling ♥

Darlene Gabriel said...

So sweet! I love the chalk outlines. Happy Birthday to your sweet boys..4 already?? Wow.

Super Stick Chick said...

Fun card, makes me smile.

D- said...

OMGoodness what a CUTE card. Thanks for sharing.
Wow are the boys really 4 now. Yikes where has time gone?
Crafty hugs,
Dawn
DesignsbyDragonfly.blogspot

Katherine said...

Such a cute card! Love the story about painting one of the twins toenails!

New Creations said...

Adorable little bunny and love the addition of mickey balloons!

Beverly Perdue said...

I love the bunnies in this set and the sentiments. Your card is adorable! I love the turquoise and black color combination and the Mickey balloons.

Arianna Barbara said...

Oh super super cute!!!!

CraftyPaws said...

OMGEE so stinkin cute! So adorable and whimsical

Dona Vogt said...

I LOVE your bunnies!

Janet M said...

Mmmm, I think I need a bunny fix too. Love the mickey balloons.

Unknown said...

I love the new sets!

Unknown said...

I love the new sets!

Katia said...

I love the mickey ballons and that bunny is super sweet!

Zelda said...

Adorable! What a fun card!

Anneleise said...

Such a cute set! Great card.

None None said...

Aww - what a sweet card!! Love your post with the meaning behind why you chose the image & colors. The chalk outline is a super sweet touch.

Sue D said...

So cute and the balloons and color are perfect for Trevor.

Greta said...

Happy birthday to your kiddos! This card is darling--love the turquoise & adorable bunny!

Aleksandra said...

awwwww this is cuuuute. Love that adorable bunny with Mickey baloons and the color combinaion is beautiful! Gorgeous project!

Have a great day!
Aleksandra