Powered by Blogger.

Card Concept 48 Verdigris

Hi friends!  Welcome to Wednesday!  I'm thrilled to officially be joining the Card Concept Challenge team this year as one of their shabby chic/vintage designers.  I'm hoping a regular stamping gig like this will be just the motivation and challenge I need to dig myself out of my creative lull. {grin} And if these gorgeous inspiration photos don't inspire, I don't know what will! I had a lot of fun with this card, so that's definitely a step in the right direction, right?


Isn't the inspiration photo beautiful? I loved those itty bitty roses on the lined up hearts, which reminded me of the Devotion collection of papers from Prima. I started by cutting a bunch of butterflies using the Butterfly Dreams Die Set, making sure I cut it so the bitty roses would show on the mint colored butterfly.  I then sponged all of the butterflies with brushed corduroy and set them aside.  I originally thought I would fill the whole card base up with butterflies, but then decided I liked the look of just a single column. So now I have a few extras for another project.  Bonus!



The background is embossed with a new to me damask background embossing folder (embossing folders were 6 for $10 at JoAnn's recently, plus a 20% off entire purchase coupon, so I just couldn't resist!).  Then I dry brushed some mint colored acrylic paint, as well as some tan paint over the embossing for a verdigris look. I sponged with brushed corduroy around the edges, then lightly rubbed some Versamark here and there and dusted some copper embossing powder on and set with a heat gun.

Each of the antennae is cut with the Butterfly Dreams Die Set and then embossed in copper before layering over the butterfly bodies.  I finished with a happy birthday sentiment from the Big Wish set and a good paper distressing to all the edges.


Thanks so much for stopping by today!  I hope you'll head on over to the Card Concept blog to see what amazingness the other designers have created, then get inky and link up your own creation! Feel free to use any of the styles of our team or better yet, share you own style by combining one or more of the styles. We want you to have fun and make a card in a style that you feel good about!

Enabler's List
Stamps: Big Wish  (Verve Stamps)
Paper: Devotion (Prima), cream, vellum
Ink: Brushed Corduroy (Ranger Distress), versamark, mint and tan acrylic paint
Accessories: Butterfly Dreams Die Set (A Cut Above by VERVE), damask background embossing folder (Darice), copper embossing folder, circle punch

16 comments

sandie said...

This is amazing, you are so good at the shabby/ chic look. I adore the distress edges and the different inking on the embossed background. So good to have you join us as our new DT member as you are so inspiring x

Lesley said...

Such a pretty and rich take on the inspiration photo! Love the little butterflies and who can resist a coupon for JoAnn's! Welcome to the team, Julee!

Michele K. Henderson said...

Gorgeous card, Julee! Welcome to The Card Concept! I have admired your work for a while - -always beautiful and creative!
Take Care!
Michele

laurie said...

This card is amazing! I love the butterflies!

JoAnn said...

Gorgeous card. Congrats on being on the Card Concept DT. You are so great at doing shabby chic.

Silver C said...

an interesting Victorian look to this pretty card!

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

Just beautiful, Julee! Love the damask and the butterflies are so sweet! So glad you have joined us the Card Concept!!!!! I've always been a fan!

AB. said...

Oh I haven’t done verdigris in ages!!! Your card is simply stunning!!! I adore the background and those beautiful butterflies!

AB. said...

....and welcome aboard the team! I’m a big fan!! xx

Nancy said...

Gorgeous Julee! So excited to see you have joined the Card Concept team...boy are they the lucky ones!

LauraJane:) said...

This is simply beautiful Julee! LOVE the angle of the one butterfly:) such a simple thing adds so much!

Mona Pendleton said...

Congrats on your new DT gig Julee! So well deserved! Your card is gorgeous! Love the beautiful embossed background and stunning butterflies fluttering about!

Sheri Gilson said...

Gorgeous card, Julee! Love the beautiful vintage/shabby design! So excited to have you joining us on the TCCC DT....welcome!!

Unknown said...

Wow! Love all the texture Julee! Gorgeous!

Julie Gearinger said...

This is fabulous Julee!! Love all of the distressing, texture and colors along with the beautiful butterflies- so thrilled to be designing with you at The Card Concept :-)

Mopslop said...

Love the butterflies!