Powered by Blogger.

Viva la Merry

Hi friends! It's been a long week of sickness for me, but it's finally Friday!  And Friday means there's a new Viva la Verve sketch posted.  This week's sweet sketch is hosted by Charmaine.  I loved the possibilities with all the straight lines.

Viva la Merry by Julee Tilman | View more of Julee's creations at poeticartistry.blogspot.com | #vervestamps #cardmaking

I still had that inspiration graphic from this week's Card Concept challenge in  my mind, so rummaged a bit in my bin of vintage Christmas ephemera and came out with some goodies to pair with the watercolored pine cones I made in the video I posted on Monday.

Viva la Merry by Julee Tilman | View more of Julee's creations at poeticartistry.blogspot.com | #vervestamps #cardmaking

Since the stamping with the Pinecone Christmas set had already been done, I simply sponged all my layers with the antique linen distress ink and roughed them up a bit with a paper distresser.  I looped a bit of wide striped ribbon for my long horizontal panel and hung a teeny star ornament below it all. Super easy... which is just what my loopy cough medicine self requested on a Thursday night!

Thanks so much for stopping by today!  I hope you have a wonderful start to your weekend.

Viva la Verve November 2015 Week 3 Sketch designed by Charmaine Ikach | vlvsketches.blogspot.com
Viva la Verve Nov. Wk 3 Sketch
Enabler's List
Stamps: Pinecone Christmas (Verve Stamps)
Paper: Holiday Style (October Afternoon), crumb cake (SU!), watercolor paper (Fabriano)
Ink: real brush clean color markers (Zig), antique linen distress (Ranger)
Accessories: wide striped ribbon (SU!), star ornament (Jolee's Boutique), ephemera (Making Memories and City Sidewalks by Pink Paislee), InkaGold (viva decor), glossy glaze, glitter, MISTI

5 comments

SewPaperPaint said...

OH MY GOSH JULEE!!! This is my favorite card you have ever made and favorite sketch on VLV yet! WOWZA! I love, love this grungy-elegant homey Christmas look! Love it! Gorgeous in every detail!

D- said...

Your card is gorgeous. Thanks for sharing.
Please take care of yourself and get well soon.
Sending healing hugs,
Dawn
DesignsByDragonfly.blogspot

Marisa said...

Adore your ribbon treatment and watercoloured pinecones. Beautifully done as always. Hope you are on the upswing soon!

Mary Marsh said...

this is a vintage beauty Julee-hope you are feeling better-sending Thanksgiving wishes to you and your family

Davi said...

Beautiful!! Love the plaid with image and cool ribbon!