Powered by Blogger.

Vintage Jingle Bells

Hey friends!  It's Monday again, and time for another Mojo Monday sketch.  I'm not feeling very well, so this is going to be short and sweet.


I have what seems to be a mountain of Christmas supplies, particularly ephemera, that I'm challenging myself to use this year instead of purchasing new.  It's been fun digging through the years of collected embellishments and papers, so that's what I did here.  Love the 25 ephemera, so used that as one of my circles, and stamped the jingle bells and sentiment from Bright Spirits on the larger circle.


Added some embellishments, including my new favorite of embossing a wood veneer snowflake with frantage embossing powder for a super fun snowy effect.  Each layer is inked with antique linen distress ink and matted with black.  Thanks so much for stopping by today!  Hope you have a fantastic start to your week.

Mojo Monday 425 Sketch
Enabler's List
Stamps: Bright Spirits (Verve Stamps)
Paper: City Sidewalks (Pink Paislee), basic black (SU!), cream (Neenah)
Ink: Black, copic markers, Versamark
Accessories:  Polka Dot Basics Ribbon Collection (Verve), cording, wood veneer snowflake, jingle bells, stitched circles stax (MFT), classic circles (Spellbinders), city sidewalks ephemera (Pink Paislee), frantage embossing powder (Stampendous), glossy glaze, glitter

9 comments

Susi said...

What a lovely card, Julee - the sparkle on the paper pieced jingle bells is fab!

JoAnn said...

Sorry you are not feeling well. Hope you feel better real soon.
Love your card with the shiny bells and pretty papers.
Have a very Happy Thanksgiving.

Sharon Wheet said...

Sorry to hear that you aren't feeling well.
And happy to hear that you are using your stash. It is difficult to part with some items, and work to dig through the mountain of goodies. But bravo for your efforts.
I just LOVE your card! and all the little elements and special touches. Truly a masterpiece!

feel better soon, and have a blessed Thanksgiving!

Marisa said...

Adore that polka dotted bow with the bells. Fabulous black trim.

Wanda Cullen said...

Always love the little jingle bells! I just used some this morning for my mojo card for next week (gotta think ahead with traveling out of state for T-giving). Hope you feel better soon and will be able to celebrate this special week of Thanksgiving in tip top shape!

Becca Cruger said...

It's always so great to use up supplies and boy did you ever use them in a gorgeous way! Lovely make!!

Gloria Stengel said...

I love this! And I love that you are trying to use your hoard. I love the layering you did and the colors next to the black really pop! (PS, I did not purchase much Christmas product this year, but I just used my NEW Verve Christmas set yesterday! hee hee)

Davi said...

Looks like you have some wonderful stash to work with!! I love this card, the pretty vintage look is beautiful!!

D- said...

Your card is gorgeous. Thanks for sharing.
I hope you feel better real soon! Take care of yourself!
Crafty hugs,
Dawn
DesignsByDragonfly.blogspot