Powered by Blogger.

Autumn Wishes

Hi friends!  It's Friday again and time for a brand new sketch over on the Viva la Verve blog.  Stacey is our hostess with the mostess this week, with a super fun sketch that you can dress up or down to suit your mood.


I'm in full steam coffee drinking mode now that school's in session and the air is turning crisp.  So when I sat down to make today's card, the first thing on my mind was the coffee cup from the Get Together set.  I stamped it directly on two different patterns of paper, fussy cut, then slit a teeny line in the coffee section to tuck in the steam from the Coffee set that I stamped onto vellum, fussy cut and added some white gel pen accents.  I added a panel of vellum for the sentiment (from Harvest Blessings), to mute the patterned paper below it, then added a bunch of Harvest Gold sequins and some gold thread. I seriously just had to walk away because I kept adding things!

At the end I stamped the houndstooth leaf in cajun crazy, fussy cut then covered with a coat of glossy glaze and glitter.  The background is embossed with leaves and then lightly sponged with vintage photo ink.

That's all for today!  I hope you have a fantastic weekend! If you have a little free time, be sure to play along with our Autumn Lovelies inspiration challenge.  Thanks so much for stopping by!

VLV September Week 3 Sketch
Enabler's List
Stamps: Harvest Blessings, Get Together, Coffee (Verve Stamps)
Paper: Night and Fall (Recollections), soft sky, basic black (SU!), vellum
Ink: black, cajun craze (SU!), vintage photo distress (Ranger), white gel pen (Signo)
Accessories: Harvest Gold Sequin Mix, corner rounder, Leaves embossing folder (Darice), gold thread


3 comments

Maureen said...

Pumpkin Spice Lattes! That's what first came to mind! These cups look like the pretty ones I saw at SB yesterday :) ox

Marlena M. said...

I feel ya with coffee mode season...this makes me crave it more ;). Gorgeous elements~I love the vellum steam and sequins~

Hetty said...

Beautiful! Now i can't wait to see what you
will come up with for the hop.