Powered by Blogger.

Quick Thanks

Hi friends!  It's Monday again and time for a new Mojo Monday sketch.  This week is tall & skinny sketch week, and I've made a 3.5" x 5.5" card to fit a regular size A2 envelope.

We had a fabulous Christmas, but there hasn't been a spare moment to sneak away and stamp.  So late last night, I made a quick no-frills card with the sketch.  'Tis officially the season for thank you cards now, so I pulled out an old favorite... You and I and the coordinating I Heart U Die Set and some vintage papers and got to work making a thank you card.


Most of the papers come from the Antique Lost & Found pad by My Mind's Eye.  The red polka dot paper is from my scrap pile (originally from some Christmas pad, I'm sure).  I inked up the edges of each panel with pumice stone distress in, hand cut the banners, then cut the U from the I Heart U Die Set and embossed the thank sentiment from You and I in white.  To make it not so stark, I colored lightly with a copic marker.  The red heart is a wood veneer that I covered with the same paper as the hand trimmed banner.  I finished off with some liquid pearl accents around the circle mat.

Thanks so much for stopping by today!  I hope you have a wonderful last few days of 2014!  If you are in the mood to shop, Verve has a great SALE going on through January 4.  40% off all in-stock stamps and dies, and 60% off overstocks and remaining Christmas inventory!  Things are selling out fast, though, so hurry on over for best selection.


Mojo Monday 378
Enabler's List
Stamps: You and I (Verve Stamps)
Paper: Lost & Found: Antique (MME), cream
Ink: pumice stone (Ranger Distress), versamark
Accessories: I Heart U Die Set (A Cut Above by VERVE), classic circles nestabilities (Spellbinders), white embossing powder (Judikins), black onyx liquid pearls (Ranger)

12 comments

Celeste Goff said...

This card is gorgeous!

Wanda Cullen said...

Simple but yet so stunning with every little attention to detail! Love it!

Tricia T said...

Gorgeous! Can't wait to get my order today so I can play!

JoAnn said...

Beautiful. Love the colors and the cute little heart. Great sketch too.

D- said...

I am so glad you are taking time to enjoy your boys.
Your card is GORGEOUS. I love your colors and design paper. Thanks for sharing.
Crafty hugs,
D~
DesignsByDragonfly.blogspot

DIANA L. said...

Gorgeous I love the patterned paper you used. The heart and the U are perfect.
Enjoy your time with your family precious memories.

Marisa said...

Oh my beloved "U" die front and center :) I need to pull it out and use it, it's been a while. Adore the papers and the heart you put on the U. Wonderful as always.

Valentyna Komisarenko said...

Julee, love your gorgeous card! Elegant and stylish!

Basement Stamper said...

Great card, love the design of this tall card.

Unknown said...

This is gorgeous! I love the colors, it would make a great card for a guy! I knew I should have added this stamp set and die to my order... next time! ;-)

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Great card Julee - I love the way the 'thank' is stamped on the U, very clever. A great sketch this week!

Stampingcountry said...

Fun Thank You Card!