Powered by Blogger.

How Sweet of You

Hi friends!  It's finally Friday.  Hooray!  Today I have a sweet little card to share using the September Week 4 sketch that Stacey is debuting this morning on the Viva la Verve Sketches Blog.


I thought the sketch looked like a fun way to use up some scraps, so I dug into my overflowing bin of scraps and pulled out these papers.  I stitched the stripey paper to the green designer paper, then matted with black.  The how sweet sentiment is from the Small Packages set and I embossed it onto a circle diecut then water colored in between the divider lines with mossy meadow ink and a waterbrush.  This circle is sponged with Antique Linen distress ink and then matted on a black scallop circle die cut accented with black enamel accents.

The bitty cupcake is embossed in black and then cut with the coordinating Cupcake Frame Die Set.  I also stamped the banner and hand cut it to layer behind.  I added a strip stamped with the Hello stamp from Remember This, then added it all to a piece of card stock embossed with the D'vine Swirls embossing folder and sponged with antique linen.  A bit of distressing around the edges of each outer layer and I was done.

Thank you so much for stopping by!  I hope you have a fabulously refreshing weekend!

Enabler's List
Stamps: Small Packages, Remember This (Verve Stamps)
Paper: designer paper scraps, cream, black
Ink: mossy meadow (SU!), antique linen (Ranger Distress), black
Accessories:  Cupcake Frame Die Set (A Cut Above by VERVE), classic and scallop circle nestabilities (Spellbinders), D'vine Swirls embossing folder (Cuttlebug), sewing machine, enamel accents (Ranger), clear embossing powder (JudiKins)

5 comments

Marisa said...

Fabulous as always :)

Petra Swart said...

Love your cute card, Julee!!!

Have a lovely weekend!!

Jenelle said...

Very nice card! I love the rough edges.

D- said...

I LOVE your BEAUTIFUL. What a wonderful way to use up some scraps. I see you inked up your embossing folder. LOVE it. Thanks for sharing.
Crafty hugs,
D~
DesignsByDragonfly.blogspot

Sherri said...

really cute