Powered by Blogger.

Friendship Flowers

Hi friends!  It's Friday and that means it's time for a new sketch over at Viva la Verve!  This week's sketch is from Teresa, and I had a whole lot of layering fun with it!


I've been a bit overwhelmed by choices lately, so I'm trying to just work with scraps that are on my desk this week.  That way I don't have to delay the whole card making process just because I'm having a hard time deciding what paper to use!  {grin}  I swear, sometimes I spend 30 minutes just deciding whether to start with white or cream cardstock!  Eeek!

Anyhow, so here's that Seaside paper from October Afternoon once again.  For stamps, I pulled out Lean on Me and the leaves from Bloom & Grow.  The flowers are cut with the coordinating Pointed Flowers Die Set and the leaves are cut with the coordinating Elegant Leaves Die Set.  I just kind of clustered the leaves around the circle, then realized when I flipped the sketch in my mind, I didn't flip the direction of the leaves. Oh well... artistic expression, right?!  I finished off with a bit of twine, some enamel dots and a touch of glossy glaze and glitter.

Enabler's List
Stamps: Lean on Me, Bloom & Grow (Verve Stamps)
Paper: Seaside (October Afternoon), in color patterns DSP, basic black (SU!), cream (Neenah)
Ink: lucky limeade (SU!), black
Accessories:  Pointed Flowers Die Set, Elegant Leaves Die (A Cut Above by VERVE), enamel dots (Freckled Fawn), scrapper's floss (karen foster), glossy glaze, glitter


Lean On MePointed Flowers Die SetBloom & GrowElegant Leaves Die

4 comments

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

So beautiful. I love the shabby chic distressing. Awesome work.

Wanda Cullen said...

Wow, this is gorgeous! Love the distressing paired with the woodgrain paper!

Marisa said...

Hmmm, hmmmm good :) Reminds me of some wild flowers growing on a fence or against a barn. Love the look and the wonderful spray of leaves.

Marlena M. said...

I am loving my table scraps lately too, Julee~this came together perfectly!