Powered by Blogger.

Make the World Special

Hi friends!  Happy Friday!  The end of the week always means a new Viva la Verve! sketch and this week's sketch is designed by my fabulous friend, Teresa.  It's the last sketch of the month, so you have until next Thursday (6/28) to finish all four June sketches to be eligible for our prize drawing!


For my card I started by picking up one of my new paper pads from last week's shopping excursion.  I loved the colors in this Howdy Doody paper, so based my card around that.  I flipped the sketch upside down, but otherwise stayed pretty true to it.  The sentiment from Feel the Sun is stamped onto a Tagged Rectangle die cut and I pieced the flower together, stamping directly on the patterned paper and then shading with Distress Ink markers and a waterbrush.  The horizontal piece is crimped in my paper crimper and then clipped on with a mini library clip.

I embellished with a little linen thread, randomly coated with glossy glaze and sprinkled with champagne glass glitter.  A little scallop trim border on eithre end of my large panel and some Topaz czech rhinestones from Pizzazz Aplenty finish things off.

That's all from me today!  I hope you have a fabulous weekend.  We've got a busy one planned with a trip to meet up with our trainer at the gym, a baby shower for some dear friends and a birthday celebration for my father-in-law.  Hooray for our new nanny who is making it possible to crawl back into the land of the living from time to time. {grin}


Enabler's List:
Stamps: Feel the Sun (Verve Stamps)
Paper: Howdy Doody Miss Caroline (My Mind's Eye), Early Espresso (SU!), Cream
Ink: Coffee Archival, Brushed Corduroy Distress Ink, Barn Door, Spiced Marigold, Bundled Sage and Forest Moss Distress Markers (Ranger)
Accessories:  Tagged Rectangle Die (A Cut Above by VERVE), Scallop Trim border punch, mini library clip, Champagne Glass Glitter (SU!), Paper Crimper (EK Success), linen thread (TCP), Smoked Topaz Czech Rhinestones (Pizzazz Aplenty), Glossy Accents (Ranger), sewing machine)


7 comments

claude techer said...

magnifique carte !

Wanda Cullen said...

LOVE the creative way you used the tag die and the way you added shine and sparkle to simple linen thread...great details! So happy that you can find more minutes for YOU with the help of a nanny! :-)

Maureen said...

so much vintage goodness on this! Funny thing, I was thinking of this sentiment for my card this week too :) But when with an Always on my Mind one :) So many beautiful stamps to choose from! Hooray for the new nanny!! Sounds like a busy but fun weekend! Enjoy!!

Ravengirl said...

This is beautiful! I love that you used the tag upside down with the rounded tab end as a place for your flower!

Marisa said...

Great idea using the tag upside down. FUn detail with the twine and glitter. So nice to see you creating more regularly - big hug to the nanny :) Enjoy your weekend!

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Julee.

Hugs Riet.xx

Dawn Easton said...

Julee, this is gorgeous! Love the layers and rich colours you used!