Powered by Blogger.

Okay

Hi friends!  How's life treating you?  Everything here is going okay.  Our internet has been down all day and I'm trying to take advantage of a brief bit of service, although each letter I type appears about 4 seconds after I type it!  I can't believe all the things I've tried to do today, only to realize I needed the internet to complete it.  It's crazy how much we rely on having information instantly at our fingertips.


Anyhow, today I have this quick little card to share with you.  I was so inspired by Beate's card last week where she used the technique of colored pencils and embossing on black card stock.  I didn't have pastel pencils, but had some watercolor pencils that sort of did the trick here.  I remember having  a little personal slate chalkboard as a kid to do math problems on and thought that would be a fun look for the new Be Okay plain jane. I used both the rounded rectangle and the rounded scallop frame dies layered together to make my "slate".  I added some doodles with the watercolor pencils, including a little heart at the end of the sentiment.

My papers are from the Fun Day Collection by My Mind's Eye, and I added a thin border punch between the two paper designs.  A little printed twill ribbon and an arrow brad accent finished things off!

On the home front, we're getting closer to being "ready" {or as ready as you can be} for the twins to arrive.  I did my first load of baby laundry yesterday, and it's hard to believe these little guys will be small enough to fit these tiny clothes.  Crazy!  Aren't pajamas with feet the cutest thing ever?  I wish I had some for myself.  Well, not right now, but in my pre-pregnancy size... with Hello Kitty on them!  LOL




Enabler's List:
Stamps: Be Okay Plain Jane (Verve Stamps)
Paper: Fun Day Kraft (My Mind's Eye), Crumb Cake, Basic Black (SU!)
Ink: Embossing ink (Ranger), color pencils and gelatos (Faber-Castell)
Accessories: Rounded Scallop Frame Die, Rounded Rectangle Die (A Cut Above by VERVE), border punch (EK Success), ribbon (Creative Imaginations), arrow brad (Spare Parts), white embossing powder (Judikins)

9 comments

Marisa said...

Love the polka dots and of coruse the wonderful ribbon. The slate is fabulous too! Great card as always.

Loooove those baby clothes all hung up! My daughter was only 5lbs 13oz and so tiny. I actually still have one of her little diapers to remind me of jsut how small she was (she could only fit the premee ones).

Take a picture of those little hands and feet - they are so precious!! I even stamped an image of their feet in their baby book so they knew just how small they were :)

Maureen said...

this is just the sweetest picture...I loved onesies and the little socks :) I also loved the smell of baby laundry soap :) ah, baby smell :) Well, good baby smell that is!! LOL Gorgeous little chalkboard and can't wait to get that plain jane! Most teachers have converted to white boards, but I still have my chalk board..I'm old school!! Chalk on my clothes and everything!

Ravengirl said...

Wonderful card! And I love the cute little baby clothes pic! Pajamas with feet are the best!

Luanne said...

So precious are the sweet baby things! You'll be amazed how quickly they'll grow out of things! Glad you're still having time to get stampy! Love the blackboard. Nice rich looking card, TFS!

Anonymous said...

Love the card. Thanks for sharing a picture of the little baby clothes in the closet. My twin grand-daughters were both less then 5 lbs at birth, they were so tiny but so beautiful! Enjoy every moment with your twins.

Anonymous said...

Julee congratulations! I've been MIA for so long that I hadn't heard your wonderful news! I wish you all the best in your delivery and motherhood! What a truly wonderful blessing!

Jen Shults said...

Oooh, I LOVE this! I'm a fan of anything kraft and this works so well with black. I LOVE the little chalkboard you made! That little arrow brad makes the whole thing! LOVE it!

Radha said...

Dearest Julee!
sending u so much blessings.... U a mother of 2 wow!!! Enjoy enjoy enjoy and enjoy more. God is sure blessed u already!XXXXXXX

Sue from Oregon said...

Great card! Seems you have the laundry done for first 4 hours of their first day! Ha...just kidding (kind of!)