Powered by Blogger.

Handmade Love

Hi friends!  It's Friday!  Woohoo!  That means it's time for another Viva la Verve! sketch.  This week's sketch is hosted by Maureen Plut.  I haven't had as much time to stamp as usual, so I decided to combine a few challenges into my VLV card as well.  First off, the Handmade Happiness Get Your Diva On challenge is going on and a $100 Gift Certificate to Verve is up for grabs, so you best get stamping!  Deadline is Sunday night!  The challenge is to use a handmade embellishment.  Here I chose a handmade rosette with a chipboard heart covered in glass glitter.  And that heart also makes this card work for the Brave Heart Hope You Can Clint To Challenge Teresa Kline is hosting to have at least one heart on your project.


I knew I wanted to make a rosette for my handmade embellishment, so I started using the Tim Holtz Paper Rosettes die, then cut a circle from a paper doily, inked with Victorian Velvet ink and made a little scroll strip to layer under my heart.  The heart is cut using the From the Heart Die Set and I ran it upside down through the Xyron, then covered with glass glitter for a fabulously shabby embellishment.  I thought this sentiment from Text Objects fit perfectly with the heart, so I added it to a circle die cut, then sponged with Victorian Velvet.  To tie things together, I stamped part of the coordinating sentiment background strip on the cream panel and distressed with inks and stains.  I used the wide ribbon for the two little tabs up top, then cut the ribbon in 1/2 to make a bow small enough to fit in the corner.  I finished off with a whole lot of distressed edges, using my Distrezz-it-all.

That's it from my stamping corner today.  I hope you have a fabulous weekend.  Here's a little updated photo of our new house... with exterior paint and stonework.  The garage doors still need to be painted, but things are starting to taking shape on the outside.  We've made all the interior selections, so now we're just waiting on things to happen.  {grin}


Enabler's List:
Stamps: Text Objects (Verve Stamps)
Paper: Shabby Chic Paper Stash (Tim Holtz), Early Espresso (SU!), Cream
Ink: Victorian Velvet and Vintage Photo Distress Inks, Antique Linen Distress Stain, Coffee Archival Ink (Ranger)
Accessories: From the Heart Die Set (A Cut Above by VERVE), Paper Rosette Die, Damask Texture Fades (Tim Holtz), Classic Circles Nestabilities (Spellbinders), wide striped ribbon (SU!), Distrezz-it-all (Zutter), Pink glass glitter (Melissa Frances)

9 comments

Dawn Easton said...

Julee, your card is beautiful! Love all that distressing and sponging. Your homemade embellishment is gorgeous too! That glitter is awesome! Must get some! lol

Your house is amazing!! How fun picking out colours and seeing it all come together!!!

Luanne said...

I love your card today! That sentiment is one of my favorites!! Love these colors together (fits the pink challenge on SCS too!) I so hope to stamp this weekend. Between vacation and getting sick, and work, no inky time this week! Your home is looking wonderful. You and Moe have a lot in common, building some fabulous homes. Hope it all continues to go smoothly. Have a wonderful weekend!

Wanda Cullen said...

Gorgeous card in these rich colors! Love that rosette which fits perfectly with Moe's sketch! Your house is looking so good...can't imagine having to make all those decisions with colors, lights, etc. for an entire house! I had trouble choosing things just for a few rooms when we remodeled! Can't wait to see more pics!

Jackie Pedro said...

Your card is stunning, Julee! The details are so wonderful......But your house....oh, your house is GORGEOUS!!! How fun to pick all the elements! LOVE the exterior colors, too!

Maureen said...

THUD!!! Gorgeous, gorgeous card, Julee!! Wowzers!! Love that sweet little glittery heart on that beautiful rosette...and the ribbon is stunning! The new house is gorgeous!! What a great roof line!! My dh is all about the street appeal and yours definitely has it!! Which window is the studio? or will you take up the whole basement? Eek!! Can't wait to see more pics...I hope you'll give us a tour once you're in and settled :) TGIF and thanks for playing with my sketch :) You rocked it!!

Marisa said...

Love the deep rose colour with the brown...happy sigh... Fabulous distressing details and that wide striped ribbon is fabulous.

I see you have a three car garage! Hmmm...room for lots of company to come over, hint, hint LOL! I'm sure you are having a ball selecting all the goodies for your home. Do take some pics and show us the inside when it's all done!

Teresa Kline said...

wow...this is stunning Julee, luv the heart of course...your house is gorgeous....so happy for you and Mark!

enjoy *~*

Ally said...

Love this gorgeous card. The colors are fabulous, and the details are just amazing. Fabulous!

The house looks great, too. ;-)

Vickie Z said...

That is one gorgeously colored and distressed card!! Fabulous!! The house is fabulous, too!! Love the stone work and totally jealous on the three-car garage!! I can imagine the time you are spending 'picking' out things!! We've been doing some renovations and honestly, didn't realize how much time it would take, LOL!!