Powered by Blogger.

Butterfly Dreams

Hi friends! It's Monday and that means it's time for another Mojo Monday sketch. I'm officially on vacation, but I pre-scheduled this short little post so you'd have a little Mojo for your morning. Here's my sample card using one of my favorite Verve sets, Blue Skies.


The making of:  
Pretty Minuet papers caught my eye for the square panels, which I aged a bit with some new Pan Pastels and distress inks.  Next I pulled out a scrap of an old dictionary page that came with an order from Frost it Pink, applied some Gesso to it, then some more Pan Pastels (artist quality pastels kind of like Stampin' Pastels only so much smoother and richer) and stamped the Blue Skies sentiment. Some twill tape, twine loops and a flower were added to the side and I dirtied up the butterfly embellishment with Gesso, Glimmer Mists and some Champagne glass glitter.  The kraft base is stamped randomly with the Notebook paper image from Blue Skies, then distressed and I finished off with some more glimmer mists and a little Stardust Stickles on the flower.

Enabler's List:
Stamps:   Blue Skies (Verve Stamps)
Paper: Minuet (Memory Box), Crumb Cake (SU!), dictionary page
Ink: Walnut Brown, Vintage Photo, Antique Linen (Ranger Distress), Pan Pastels, Glimmer Mists
Accessories: Twill Tape (Frost it Pink), twine, flower (Kaiser Craft), Stardust Stickles (Ranger), Champagne Glass Glitter (SU!), metal butterfly (Making Memories), Gesso (ProArt)

15 comments

Keva said...

This is gorgeous, Julee. I really like the look of your ribbon and tbe random paper images.

Lorel-Lye said...

Julee, the new look to your blog so fits its name...Poetic Artistry.
As do your talent. Thx so much for sharing and providing inspiration to all crafters Mondays and everyday.

Marisa said...

Love the colours and your flower and looped twine on the ribbon are fabulous. Off to see what my one creative gene can come up with this week :) Enjoy your week off!!

Niki Estes said...

This is such a pretty card, Julee. I love all the distressing and curled edges.

Tami McBeain said...

What a beautiful card, it's a little work of art!

Luanne said...

Happy vacation! This is gorgeous, love your colors and I love Blue Skies too! TFS!

scrappingnana said...

Gorgeous card. Love the style, the colors and the looped twine behind the flowers. Thanks for sharing.

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Julee.

Hugs Riet.xx

renee said...

beautiful!

carole (TruCarMa) said...

Fabulous, Julee. I'd love to see how you work with Gesso, one of these days! I never know what to do with it... Great sketch, btw! And I love the loopy twine under the flower.

Shannon White said...

Gasp! This is just Fabulous! Love all the details and Gorgeous Vintage Chicness! Just Wonderful! 8-)

Anonymous said...

um... WOW! I love the look of this and all of the details! Those pan pastels look amazing, I'm thinking I NEED some, but I am sure I'd be disappointed with my efforts after seeing yours :) Gorgeous! Oh yeah, Rockin' sketch too!

Debbie Carriere said...

Absolutely gorgeous!! I love where your blossoming is taking you (us) :)

Dawn Easton said...

This is absolutely gorgeous, Julee! Wow! Love the distressing you've done! Stunning!

SAMARA said...

Hi Julee! I love this...girli, vintage, soft yet powerful. my fav is the bow with the twine...never have i seen this before on a card...the effect is gorgeous. in fact, your entire bow (love pink) shape, cuts, sparkles with a fleur, twine...smoochi beautiful! thanks for taking the time to log this in while you are "officially unofficially on vacation!" Enjoy the last days...they slip away too fact. Hugs Julee. Samara xox