Powered by Blogger.

Wandering through Autumn Leaves

Happy Saturday!  I've had such a fun-filled week leading up to yesterday's release and this weekend is scheduled with packing orders, packing orders and packing orders!  :)  If you haven't heard, all the new sets are available now in the Verve store.  Head on over to check them out.  Plus, I've posted the winners from our release week challenges and spotlights HERE.

My card for today features the new Autumn Splendor set.  for the focal piece I stamped the circle frame from Happy Hello on ivory card stock (this will be covered up, so it doesn't matter what color you stamp it), then I stamped the larger leafy sprig at 12, 3, 6 and 9, then came in and stamped the smaller leaf sprig in between each of those.  To color them, I simply stamped the solid leaf sprigs over my stamped images in pear pizazz.  I quickly trimmed a little border around the leafy cluster, then added the Autumn Splendor sentiment popped up on some circle die cuts.  The side borders are the negatives from two Tim Holtz bracket die cuts that I trimmed to fit my card, then stamped one of the wheat images from Autumn Splendor in Antique linen on the border and added some dotted accents with an Early Espresso marker.

To embellish, I added some shabby wrinkled ribbon, a Maya Road leaf trinket pin and then tied a little Tim Holtz Philosophy metal tag around the bow with some linen thread.  Oh, and the background paper is from the Restoration line by Crate Paper.

Okay, back to the shipping desk.  I hope you have a fantastic weekend!  Thanks for stopping by!

6 comments

Keva said...

Very pretty! I love the colors and the layout is fantastic. Ice got to get some of that ribbon. It's really neat.

JoAnn said...

Beautiful card. Love the colors and papers.TFS

Marisa said...

This is fabulous, Julee! I just LOVE the rust, green and cream together and your leaf wreath looks great! Little leaves on the sides is a nice touch. Still doing the happy dance up here in BC :)

Lynda Benden said...

This is so beautiful Julee! I love how you framed the sentiment with the leaves!

Jessica Parker said...

I have that EK Success border punch, and it has never occurred to me to use it that way...thank you for the inspiration! I have got to lift that border for something in the future! :D
Jessica

Sherry Kushibab said...

A beautiful card with lots of nice details and colors....thanks for sharing