Powered by Blogger.

Friends Always

Happy Monday!  It's the start of a super busy week for me and I'm totally energized! Since it's the first Monday of the month, that means it's CONTEST time over at Mojo Monday!  Play along with this week's sketch for a chance at some new Verve!  We'll have up to six winners this week, so don't be shy!  :)



My card for Mojo159 uses the adorable Teeny Trees set by Waltzingmouse Stamps.  I've had so much fun with this set and I'm warning you right now, you're going to be seeing a lot more of this color combo {Peach Parfait, Cajun Craze, Early Espresso and Ivory} this week, because I'm kind of crazy about it!  I have all sorts of new patterned paper, but every time I sit down to stamp I keep reaching for these colors instead.  Must be me wanting to escape the unseasonably warm weather we've been having.  I'm so ready for fall!

There's nothing too complicated here, just some border punching, some shabby wrinkled ruffled ribbon and a whole lot of really fun peach pearls from Pizzazz Aplenty.  Oh, and I scored a little frame on the ivory card base with my Scor-pal.

Okay, that's all on the card front today.  If you haven't seen them already, be sure to pop over to the Verve Blog to see the 5 sketch challenges we're currently running leading up to our release this Friday!  There's lots of new Verve up for grabs!  And our official sneak peeks start on Wednesday.  Thanks so much for stopping by today!  Have a fantastic Monday!

14 comments

Keva said...

Ack! I have Teeny Trees on its way to me now...can't wait to get it! I adore this color combination. I would never think to put those together, but it looks great! Love the use of the scorbuddy (i'm assuming). Very pretty, Julee!

Debbie Henderson said...

Very pretty card Julee. Love how you did the ribbon!

Maureen said...

Oh, scrunched crinkled seam binding!!! LOVE that!!! Adorable card and perfect Fall colours...they are the ones I've been reaching for too...who can resist those sweet little trees and leaves?

Marisa said...

Those colours just make me purrrr - love Fall colours and this combo against the ivory is fabulous! The trees are darling and the crinkled seam binding looks amazing. Great card!!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous!

Cindy Haffner said...

Julee I love your clean background, I've tried to do that but I just can't pull it off.

Thanks for another FUN sketch, your sketches really help to kick off my week.

Amber Hight said...

Oh this is SOSOSOSO gorgeous Julee! I'm with you, I'm ALL ABOUT the fall colors lately, I don't want to use any other colors, lol! This is a fabulously designed card, simply stunning:) I'll be back to stare at it some more later:)

Beverly said...

This card is stunning.. and I agree, this is a gorgeous color combination..
Lovin' this MOJO Sketch....

Heidi said...

oooooooooooooooh this is so pretty Julee.

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

Oh my Julee...this makes me sigh! Beautiful in every way! I love the contast of the bold colours against the white, and that ribbon is perfect!

Unknown said...

Just lovely, Julee! LOVE the color combo and the wonderful layout! Can't wait for the peeks.. : )

Lee-Anne said...

Wow Julee, this card is just gorgeous. I really love the colour combo you have been using for a few of your cards, it is so earthy, definitely speaks of autumn/fall colours. The layout is so perfect and that ribbon is to die for.

Melisa Hunter said...

This is so gorgeous! I love the rich colour combo you chose. It looks so great popped up on the white.I love all the little details you've added, including the pearls, the ruffled ribbon and the speckled background. I may have to CASE this!

Elaine said...

This is beautiful! The colors are great and I like how you scored the edges!