Powered by Blogger.

Firecracker

Happy Friday!  I'm so looking forward to the long weekend.  My brother is here from out of town, Mark gets Monday off work, and it's looking to be a great 4th of July weekend around these parts!  To get myself in the spirit, I cooked up a little 4th of July card last night using the new American Hero set.


I started by stamping the 4th of July stamp on a Nestabilities star, then stamping the little stripey star and piecing it over the outline star.  For the little framey thing, I cut a 4" square, then scored at 1/4" and 3/8" on all sides and cut out the extra parts.  I stamped the center of it with the trio of stars in Antique Linen, then added four little square mosaic tiles to set accent the corners.  The bow is some of my favorite polka dot ribbon and I stamped, colored and cut out three little firecrackers to "burst" out of the bow.

Okay, that's my chatter for today.  I hope you all have a happy and safe weekend!  Thanks for stopping by!

What's In It?
Stamps: American Hero (Verve Stamps)
Paper: Kraft, Night of Navy (SU!), white CS
Ink: Fired Brick, Antique Linen, Black Soot (Ranger Distress), Copic markers
Accessories: rhinestone stars, polka dot ribbon (SU!), Stars Nestabilities (Spellbinders), mosaic tiles, Scor-Pal, dots embossing folder (Cuttlebug), paper distresser

7 comments

Piali said...

Gorgeous!!
Love,love it!! The firecrackers are fab!
Have a great Weekend!

TannyP said...

Such a patriotic beauty of a card!

Julia M said...

Love the firecrackers!....what an awesome card!

Heidi said...

Oh my this is just beautiful, love teh little firecrackers with the bow, love the embossing... just a wonderful sentimental card.

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Just gorgeous, Julee! I'm loving the long weekend too. . .and your card really put me in the spirit! :)

Anita said...

Wow!! I love this card!!

Kimberly Gajewski said...

What a sensational card Julee! The details and the design are just beautiful! LOVE that ribbon! Enjoy the long weekend! :D