Powered by Blogger.

Amazing Awesome Cool

Happy Friday!  Hooray, it's practically the weekend!  :)  I've posted a new Ready SET Stamp challenge and a newly made card over on the Verve Blog today, so check it out if you haven't already.  Plus, it's Viva la Verve! day, so keep a lookout for Amber's newest sketch and inspiration options over in the Verve forum.

On a Verve note, I'm heading out on vacation starting Monday!  So, if you're needing a specific stamp for a project in the next couple weeks, you'll need to place an order before 5 PM Mountain this Sunday, May 16. I'll ship everything that's been received by then before I leave, but after that no emails or orders will be processed until I return on June 1.  You can still order while I'm gone, but if you're willing to wait, I promise our Memorial Day Weekend Sale (May 28-31) will be worth the wait!

Okay, now on with the card.  This is one of my favorite cards I made with our latest release.  I tried out some new Hero Hues inks with the Kissing technique (that's where you ink up a solid stamp with one color of ink, then a patterned stamp with a different color, and then smoosh the pattern stamp onto your solid stamp before stamping to paper.)  So in this case I inked up the AWESOME stamp from Happy Days with Grass ink and the flourish stamp from Blessings with Cerulean.  The ink transfers one to the other, so you can then stamp both stamps on paper for a fun look.  The more contrast between your colors, the more distinct the look will be.  I added a few more words from Happy Days in Cerulean above and below, then another flourish in green.  A little paper piercing and a distressed edge and I was ready for the next piece.  The cerulean paper is a Hero Arts note card that's got a white core, so I sanded the edges, then stamped flourishes in a pattern so that they'd look like they were peeking up from behind my sentiment panel.

The green prism paper is embossed with the Distressed Stripes cuttlebug folder and I added a few buttons from Pink Hedgehog.  I think it turned out to be a great gender/age neutral card.  Okay, that's probably enough rambling for today.  Catch ya on the flip-side!  :)

What's In It?
Stamps: Happy Days, Blessings (Verve)
Paper: Cerulean (Hero Arts), green (Prism)
Ink: Cerulean, Grass (Hero Arts Chalk ink)
Accessories: buttons (Pink Hedgehog), burlap string, paper distresser, distressed stripes (Cuttlebug), paper piercer, sanding block

3 comments

Marisa said...

Have a fabulous vacation, Julee! You deserve it :D Get lots of R & R and mare sure Mr. Verve behaves ;D Wonderfully done card.

LaurieJ said...

Have a fantastic time on your vacation! Treat yourself to something special.

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Julee, this is AWESOME! What a kewl card! It makes me feel like jumping into a cold, refreshing pool on a hot day! LOVE it!