Powered by Blogger.

Give Thanks in Color

Happy Friday! Oh man, am I glad the weekend is almost here! It's just been a crazy week. I made this set of cards earlier this week for the CAS (clean and simple) challenge over on SCS and this is the first chance I had to photograph them!



Anyhow, like the name of the challenge, these cards are no fuss, clean & simple. I wanted to make a set of notecards, so I used the challenge sketch and just changed the colors and the leaf on each card. Each of the backgrounds is randomly stamped with the leaf and berry stamps from the Harvest Blessings set and I also stamped one lone leaf in each color, cut out and attached to the front of the card. The ribbon is wide striped chocolate ribbon from SU! The verse is the 1 Chronicles 16:34 plain jane and I embossed it with chocolate chip craft ink and clear embossing powder on each of the Nestabilities Classic Rectangles shapes. Then I just added a few mats and a cream card base and all 4 cards were done, lickety-split!




What's In It?
Stamps: Harvest Blessings, 1 Chronicles 16:34 Plain Jane (Verve)
Paper: Tempting Turquoise, Old Olive, Dusty Durango, Rose Red, Chocolate Chip (SU!)
Ink: Tempting Turquoise, Old Olive, Dusty Durango, Rose Red, Chocolate Chip (SU!)
Accessories: Classic Rectangles Nestabilities, wide striped ribbon (SU!), clear embossing powder

10 comments

Patti J. said...

These are beautiful, Julee! You are so good at the CAS! That is definitely NOT my forte! Love them - thanks for sharing!

Michele Roos said...

Beautiful cards, love the colours. Hugs Michele x

Christi said...

These are all so beautiful! I love seeing all the colors as a grouping! smiles...

Basement Stamper said...

Love the set, it looks fantastic!

Jodi Collins said...

How GORGEOUS Julee!! LOVE this layout and the big gorgeous ribbon! This sentiment is BEAUTIFUL!!

Silke Ledlow said...

Julee - these cards are simply beautiful!!! Love the different colors!!!

I received my beautiful set yesterday...thank you so much!!!

Have a great weekend!!! Hugs ~S~

Ida said...

Beautiful! The CAS looks fantastic with that stamp set.

Unknown said...

this is stunning julee...they may be clean and simple, but they sure are classy!

Cheryl said...

Simple, sweet and gorgeous Julee! That's my fave ribbon too!

Happy Sunday!

TannyP said...

These are gorgeous with that awesome ribbon. Your stamping is always so perfect!