Powered by Blogger.

Forever

Happy Friday! I've been having a blast with my brother and sister-in-law being in town, but that means there hasn't been a lot of stamping going on around here. I do have a card I made for our latest release that I haven't shown yet, so here goes.

A lot of times when I get new stamps I don't know exactly what I'm going to do with them once they arrive. Sometimes it's a bit intimidating to jump in since I know that the Divas are going to totally rock their previews. So I like to do a quick little "dip" in the stamping pool with a fast 15 - 20 minute card to get my feet wet before I tackle a more intricate card. This card was my little "dip" for the Forever in Our Hearts set and I really kind of like it. It came together so fast, and gave me a lot more ideas to jump from next time I have some time with this set.



I started by stamping the image in VersaMark, then coloring with Stampin' pastels. Next I stamped it again with VersaMark and heat embossed in clear. Then it's a breeze to just erase all the extra little chalk marks without worrying about erasing the image. I finished out the color with some sponged soft sky for the sky and old olive for the grass, then added the Forever in Our Hearts sentiment in black. I added a little dotted border on the Kraft card base with a black glaze pen. The side strip is punched with the Sunburst fiskars border punch. Hooray, I finally used it without covering it all up! I added some pearl dew drop accents and then some May Arts black taffeta ribbon and hung a little metal heart charm from the bow.

What's In It?
Stamps: Forever in our Hearts
Paper: Kraft, Basic Black (SU!)
Ink: Versamark, Onyx Black (Versafine), Soft Sky, Old Olive, Stampin' Pastels (SU!)
Accessories: Black glaze pen, black taffeta (May Arts), Sunburst border punch (Fiskars), pearl flat backs, heart charm), clear embossing powder

7 comments

Yvette said...

What a beautiful card! Love the black on the kraft cs!! Happy 4th to you!

Jodi Collins said...

This is just GORGEOUS Julee!! I LOVE the softness to this and the border with the pearls is SO beautiful!!

Elizabeth said...

This is beautiful! Funny thing, the word verification for my comment is "verve".

Beth aka BR-T said...

This card is beautiful, your focal piece should be hung in a gallery! BR-T

Shannan Teubner said...

Oohh this is gorgeous, Julee!!

Nikki Schmaltz said...

This is gorgeous. I love that it was a "quick" card, but in no way looks it. Must get a black glaze pen. That was the first thing that caught my eye.

Dawn Easton said...

Beautiful, Julee! Glad you are enjoying the time with your family! Happy 4th of July to you all!