Powered by Blogger.

Another Diva Challenge

Hey everyone! Happy Thursday! Sorry there's just been static coming from the ole blog most of this week. I've been a little under the weather and trying to recuperate from many weeks of sleep deprivation leading up to our Anni-VERVE-sary release. I've done a little stamping, but nothing I could show you until today.

I'm the hostess with the mostess this week over on the Verve forum for the Meet the Divas Challenge. My challenge is... you guessed it... a SKETCH challenge! Big surprise there, huh? Sketches are my favorite kind of challenge, so I figured I'd draw up another one and see what y'all do with it. Check out the challenge details, including how to win $15 in Verve Bucks --> HERE <--.

As you can see, I did a bit of flipflopping for my sample card, since I had my heart set on using the silhouette from Serenity stamped just so. The silhouettes are stamped in Rich Cocoa Memento ink on Kraft paper and then I sponged the edges of the panel with Creamy Caramel, Close to Cocoa and Chocolate Chip ink. This is matted on a chocolate chip Nestabilities long rectangle that I chopped off to meet the edge of the card. For my 5 little decorations, I set 5 antique copper eyelets and then added some Kaiser craft pearls to the center of each one. The You Make a Difference sentiment is my favorite from the new set, Fairy Tales. I stamped it, then punched it out, sponged the edges and drew a dotted border around the edges. It is matted on an SU! scallop circle, embossed with the Forest Branches Cuttlebug folder. The background of the card is the last little scrap of Baja Breeze that Lisa sent me. I embossed it with the Distressed lines folder and then matted on a Chocolate Chip card base.

Be sure to come visit me on the Meet the Verve Divas thread this week! I'll be checking in and answering questions as often as I can.

11 comments

Unknown said...

What a beautiful card and a fun sketch! I'll be working on this one today :)

Thanks for the fun challenge and great card!

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, Julee. This is gorgeous! I LOVE the layout, I LOVE the colors and I love the stamps.
You and your stamps rock! Hugs and smiles

Bethany Paull said...

This is so pretty! I LOVE the blue pearls on top of your eyelets. Great idea. I just used this awesome sketch this morning.

Conni said...

Your cards are so awesome!!!! Love this one, great colors and everything
C

Anonymous said...

So beautiful!! I love the softness of this!! :)

Kim Gasper said...

Gorgeous card! I so enjoy visiting your site and your Monday Mojo sketches, even though I rarely have time to play. I left an award for you on my blog.

Unknown said...

Great sketch...
Beautiful Card!!
The color mix is gorgeous!

Laurel said...

I love both cards that you made using the sketch.

Here is my sketch:
http://want2scrap.blogspot.com/2008/08/fun-is-good.html

Jackie Pedro said...

One of my very favorite color combos!! Love the cb background on this beauty!!!

Shirley said...

Now I think this is really lovely. The colors you chose are perfect for one another, you image is really so elegant, and the Dew Drops are the perfect embellishment.

Tina said...

This is a great one Julee.

Thanks!

http://onemaxwell.blogspot.com/2008_08_01_archive.html#7034192820566794796