Powered by Blogger.

Take a Break

Hey there, everyone! Here's the card I told you about the other day. The one that didn't quite turn out how I planned. I used a few of my new Annie LaPointe MFT stamps.

I started by stamping the Peppermint image and coloring with Copic markers, then cutting and embossing with Nestabilities Classic Circles. Next I added a Rose Red scallop circle mat and added tiny rhinestones to each scallop. The DP strip is a scrap of American Crafts Paper, which I added a strip of black grosgrain and three black glitter dots to.

I used a marker to ink up just the take a break from the Take A Break stamp and then punched it out, inked with Rose Red and matted with a Rose Red scallop circle punch. The background is white cardstock embossed with the Swiss Dots Cuttlebug folder.

Okay, that's all on the card front. Thanks to everyone who's been asking about DH. He's recovering nicely from his surgery and home this week, taking it easy. Today I received some beautiful flowers from the Verve Divas. Aren't they beautiful? Orchids are one of my favorite flowers, and these are just gorgeous. Thanks, girls! You're the bestest! :)

I also received a fabulous birthday card from Nancy. We share a birthday so she sent me this card full of sheer sparkly goodness. So pretty! Thanks so much Nancy!

I also received this gorgeous card from Amber. I've had a rough couple of weeks and she sent this beautiful card to lift my spirits. It totally worked, Amber. Your card is simply beautiful. Thanks for thinking of me!

7 comments

Pat said...

Great card. I did the same thing with my first card so had to try again. Pat
pgarvin.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Oh I really like this sketch too!!!!

Courtney said...

This is beautiful! Great flowers, and RAKs too!

Shannan Teubner said...

Your card is gorgeous! Glad Mark is doing better. Hope you enjoy your flowers! :)

Christi Flores said...

This card is gorgeous!!! I love those flowers and RAK too. Glad DH is feeling better! :)

dasimonds said...

Beautiful Card!!
Love the colors and the
layout...and scallops.
Beautiful flowers :)

Lisa said...

It may not have turned out how you wanted, but I love the card! You can never go wrong with that classic red and black color combo!

Glad to hear Mark is doing well!

Nice RAKs.... yeah, I had to go there.... LOL!