Powered by Blogger.

Two of Hearts

Two hearts that beat as one. I need you, I need you. Two of hearts. Okay, that's not exactly the sentiment on this card, but it's the song that's been going through my head over and over again since I made this card. If you haven't noticed, I've been on a Noteworthy kick. Actually I'm just trying to be a better steward of all the stacks of paper I have and use as much of any given sheet as possible before it gets stowed away in the black hole that is my scrap drawer.

This card came together so easily. Since the hearts in the Heart to Heart set coordinate with the Marvy Mega and Super Jumbo heart punches masking is a breeze. I normally don't do much masking because I just don't have the patience for all the cutting and lining up required, but I must say this was a fun card to make. I started by stamping the large swirl heart frame on the right side of my panel with Purely Pomegranate ink. Next I punched a Mega heart out of copy paper and temporarily adhered over the stamped heart, and stamped the second heart. The inner hearts are two Super Jumbo heart punches from Soft Sky that I then ran through the Cuttlebug with the D'Vine swirls embossing folder for some texture. To figure out where to cut the curve on the left inner heart, I just laid my Mega heart mask over the top and traced with a pencil. For a little sparkle, I quickly highlighted each swirl with a Quickie glue pen and then poured ultrafine glitter over it. For the scored frame, I just flipped my image panel over and scored a frame all around the edges with my Scor-Pal.

The sentiment is a sneak peek at one of the sentiments in the Anniversary Birds set that will be releasing this Saturday. It reads Two Hearts One Lifetime, and I thought it was perfect to coordinate with the Heart to Heart set for a nice anniversary card. The Noteworthy patterned paper is embossed with Swirls and matted on Purely Pomegranate. To finish, I added three little glass baubles from Stamping Bella.

Okay, peeps - tomorrow I promise there won't be any Noteworthy paper on my card, but I will show you a sneak peek of the new Verve Visual Easter set. Catch ya on the flipside! :)

13 comments

Marja Sch said...

What a beautiful card. I love the way you did the harts.

Estivalia said...

I love this card, and that song is really catchy. so no worries ;)

BTW, I noticed the flowers on this PP match your Fancy Florals sets... have you made a card using this set with this paper? I'm curious about how it'll look :)

carole (TruCarMa) said...

Oh my gosh. You brought back such memories! Sadly, I bet I know every word to that Stacy Q cassette (nope -- not even a CD when that came out! And even sadder: I knew who sang that song off the top of my head!! One of my friends in high school -- the one of us with the nicest car; therefore she drove all of us around all the time -- must have played that tape and that tape only for MONTHS!)

Great card, and I've already been warned by Jen that I need to save my $$ for the next release... : )

Carrie Hudson Peralta said...

Such an AWESOME card! LOVE the colors and the DP! And how you ran the hearts through the Cuddlebug! TFS ~hugs~

Bethany Paull said...

First off, oh my goodness this is gorgeous! I love the colors and the glitter on the swirled hearts. Secondly, I had no idea these hearts fit with the Marvy punches. Not that I own them anyway, but that is so cool!

Jan Hunnicutt said...

Very nice, I didn't know the hearts would work with the punches, I bet they work with the nestabilities too! You rock! Love your stamp line too~

Bobbi G said...

wow, love the d'vine swirls embossing on the dp! Cannot wait to see your next release...just recieved my first set of Verve stamps in the mail yesterday...AND I'm having major "issues" with your Mojo sketch from yesterday...wondering if it will ever come together! This is a beautiful card! Thanks for your inspiration!

Alex said...

gorgeous card, love those hearts. And now, I can't get that song out of my head - LOL ! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Unknown said...

Beautiul card Julee! I love everything! :)

Jessie/knightrone said...

Super cute card, and I love that paper!!! Love the song too!!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! Awesome masking...I feel exactly the same way as you when it comes to masking! BTW...Love the paper...don't hold back!

Jennifer Buck said...

Very cute! TFS :)

Lastel said...

Really pretty , love this !