Powered by Blogger.

Sparkling Florals

Thanks for all the well wishes yesterday. My back is still in pain, but it's lessening, so I think that's a good sign! :)

Today's card is one I made for Colleen's Thursday Throwdown Challenge. This week it was a sketch challenge with a twist. The twist being that the large panel in the center was not supposed to be the focal point of the card. The focus was to have been the area where I put the flower. Hopefully I didn't cheat by actually stamping inside the main panel, but I like how it turned out.

I started by stamping the Soft Sky panel randomly in Soft Sky and then in Chocolate Chip ink with two of the small flowers from Thoughtful Florals. I then inked the whole panel up with VersaMark and covered and embossed with Irridescent Ice for uber sparkle! :) This layer is matted on a chocolate chip scallop rectangle cut with Nestabilities. For the background of the card, I lined up the Happy and the Birthday stamp from Happy Thoughts on my acrylic block and then stamped them together in Soft Sky ink repeatedly across the card front. I then tied to Chocolate satin knotted bows across the panel and matted on a Chocolate Chip card base. My focal point is a flower stamped with two of the flowers from Fancy Florals Remixed (one in soft sky and the other in Chocolate Chip). I then cut out the flowers, covered in VersaMark and embossed with Irridescent Ice. For a little flair, I added a fancy decorative brad from Making Memories to the flower center.

I must say, it really does sparkle nicely in real life. Nothing's better than a little sparkle to start the day off right! :)

14 comments

Peggy Maier said...

Wonderful card - the colors are great! I'm fighting back pain now too, so I totally can sympathize. Glad to hear yours is a bit better! Hope your day is blessed in many ways!

Shannan Teubner said...

WOWEEE, Julee, this is GORGEOUS!!!!!!!! You rock, girl!

dasimonds said...

Beautiful card...
great colors.
Wonderful flower & ribbon.

mudmaven said...

Beautiful card! Love the sparkle! tfs ~chris

Jamie Martin said...

Pretty card, love the sparkle :)

Lisa said...

BEEEEEEEEEEautiful!!!! Love it! Love the satin ribbon on there!

Bethany Paull said...

wI love the sparkly stamped center panel, even if it's not the focus.

Alex said...

Beautiful card, the colors are amazing and the sparkle just perfect! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Linda Nicholson said...

So very pretty Julee! I love the soft muted colors. I think that you nailed the challenge, as my eye was drawn to the actual "focal piece" first. Glad to hear your back is feeling better. I just had a massage (got to use that benefit from my old work while I still can) and she really worked my lower back muscles. I'm now drinking water and popping ibuprofen like a fiend!

Linda

Risa said...

I love your card Julee, the color combo is beautiful! I sincerely hope that you are feeling better also. Take care and try not to work too hard.
(((hugs)))
malieta:)
p.s. I received my lovely stamp set and I can't wait to ink them up!

Linda said...

That's so pretty! I love the simple colors! Thanks for visiting my blog and checking out my card. I read your blog feeds daily (or as often as they are updated, lol) so I get great ideas from you. Someday, maybe I can be as great a designer as you!

Anonymous said...

This is Gorgeous! I LOVE the sparkle and shine...what a pretty card! Hope you are feeling better.

hugs

Dana said...

WOW, what a hard challenge. I think you did a great job, and these colors are so perfect.

Diane said...

Very lovely!!!