Powered by Blogger.

What Was I Thinking?

This card was made with today's What Was I Thinking? technique lover's challenge in mind. The challenge was to use your least favorite stamps and embellishments on a project. I chose All the Best. For some reason I HAD to have this set, but now look at it on my shelf and sigh. Why did I buy this...and what can I do with it? I can't wait until this set is retired and I can sell it, since I can't seem to find anyone willing to trade for it. This Uptown Brown ribbon is also one of my least favorites - purchased over a year ago and all but one spool was unopened. I thought it was so funky in the store, but this color combination really does nothing for me. Pulled out some discontinued cardstock for this one, too... Rose Romance.

To make the card, I first stamped linen on Old Olive with Old Olive. Then I stamped Itty Bitty Backgrounds and sponged around the edges of the layer. I then randomly stamped the starburst in VersaMark in and then went over with a dauber and pastels. Next I stamped the misshapen rectangles in Regal Rose on Rose Romance. Faux stitched around the edges with Chocolate Chip Stampin' Write marker. I used scissors to cut them out, leaving a slight border around each shape. Next I cut strips of the ribbon, folded them in half and stapled them behind to make little ribbon tabs. For the main image, I stamped the leaf image in chocolate chip, then cut out with my Creative Memories oval cutting system. I sponged the insides of the leaf and around the edges with Regal Rose Stampin Pastels and then sponged around the oval with Old Olive pastels. Next I used an eraser to erase around the outer edges of the stamped image. Stamped over the whole thing in VersaMark with the Linen background stamp. Then I went over the Old Olive parts with pastels and an eye shadow applicator. Punched my Giga Scalloped Oval out of chocolate chip, pierced the scallops and went over them with my white gel pen.

Finally I stamped the three leaf image twice in Regal Rose on the top tab and Happy Birthday from Warmest Regards on the bottom tab. Glued everything down with monoadhesive and attached the scalloped oval with pop dots.

No comments