Powered by Blogger.

Hello Lunchbox!

I got this cute plastic Lunch Box at the $1 tree a few months back. It actually has Easter bunnies printed on the sides, but I thought it would make a good altering project. A few weeks back there was a challenge on SCS to use items from the $1 store. This is my project, which I finally found time to create today - I'm pretty pleased with how it turned out!
To make this I cut a 5.25" x 4" piece of Loves Me paper and a Taken with Teal piece 5 3/8" x 4 1/8. Ran both sheets through my Xyron with permanent adhesive and layered onto the lunchbox. Repeat for back side. Stamped So Very in Taken with Teal, and did some dot doodles with my Chocolate Chip Stampin Write marker. I then used my Mat Pack guide to do the circles above and beneath the so very sentiment in Regal Rose, outlined with Chocolate Chip. Used the paper piercer and the Mat Pack to pierce above and below the sentiment and then used my Tonic paper distressing tool to rough up the top and bottom edges. Sponged the edges with Close to Cocoa, ran everything through the Xyron and layered on Close To Cocoa and Taken with Teal and set aside.

Using my Stamp-a-majig to line it up, I stamped loved three times without reinking. Next I punched out with the small Tag Punch and used my marker to stamp the dots from the Sorry stamp on the bottom of the tag. Used my Brown prismacolor pencil, baby oil and a stump to add some brown lowlights to the tag. Punched the large Tag in Taken with Teal and attached to a 3/4" circle punch out from the Loves Me paper. Attached the tag to the so very panel with the clip and ring thing from Hodgepodge Hardware, an eyelet and pink grosgrain ribbon.

To finish I attached the stamped art to the front of the lunchbox. Next I used 1/2" Terrifically Tacky Tape to adhere the BoBunny ribbon all around the sides of the box and trimmed the handle with a bow of the same ribbon. The final touch was to accent all the dots with a mixture of Crystal Effects and Dazzling Diamonds. Thanks for looking!

No comments