Powered by Blogger.

Hello Comp Book!

Today's challenge on SCS was to alter a composition book. Since I'd never tried it before, I thought I'd give it a go. My goal was to keep it simple, since I tend to go a little overboard when I alter things...the last one was a clipboard and could be titled the Fiber Fiasco! LOL!

For this book I started with a 7.5 x 11" piece of paper from the Just Delightful Simply Scrappin' Pack. I ran Terrifically Tacky Tape down the edge right next to the black binding and placed the paper on the tape with overhang on the top, bottom and right side. Then folded the corners down, then the top, bottom and right sides, securing with Tombow Mono adhesive. (If I were to do this again, I would just run the whole piece through my xyron. This paper is a heavier cardstock and the mono-adhesive doesn't stick well. I had to go over it again with TTT.) Next I ran another strip of TTT down the edge of the binding where the chipboard ends and covered with Celery grosgrain ribbon.

Then I stamped Delight in Life on a piece of Whisper White with Stazon Black. I colored with Stampin Write Markers in Bashful Blue and Certainly Celery. Then pierced the top and bottom of the panel using my Mat Pack. Next I punched two rectangle punches next to each other and fed ribbon through to make a flat blow and clipped the ends. Layered this panel on a 1/8" mat of Certainly Celery, then a 1/4" mat of Basic Black.

Next I stamped the flower in Stazon Black and colored with Bashful Blue and Apricot Appeal Watercolor Wonder Crayons and an aquapen. Highlighted the edges with my Bashful Blue stampin Write Marker. Then I put Ranger Coffee Ice Stickles in the center of the flower and then covered with Crystal Effects. Also addes some Crystal Effects highlights to the flower and the flower on the delight in life panel. Then I glued everythign down with mono-adhesive. To finish off, I tied 11 knot bows with the Celery Grosgrain and adhered with mini glue dots.

No comments