Powered by Blogger.

Hello World!

I had intended to launch my new blog on January 1 with pomp and circumstance, but a bout of the flu and then an upper respiratory infection has kept me out of commission for a week and a half. I guess I'll just start posting and fix the bugs and design issues later.

I made this card today for the color challenge on Splitcoaststampers. The colors used are Cool Caribbean, Basic Black and Whisper White. I started by stamping Paisley in Cool Caribbean on Cool Caribbean. Next I stamped Think Big in black on the paisley. The ink is never dark enough for me when I use this stamp, so I always go over it with my Stampin Write marker. Next I did the faux stitching around the letters and the edges of the panel. Layered with 1/8" mats on white, then black. To do the scalloped border I punched 1/2" circles out of leftover paisley stamped Caribbean. Glued them around using my monoadhesive and my Stampin Up grid paper as a guide. Then sponged around the edges with a dauber and the inkpad and finished with some faux stitching. The entire piece is raised on dimensionals.

For the ribbon slider, I used my horizontal slot punch for the slits and then raised the Thanks sentiment panel on dimensionals. I went over the Thanks with my clear glaze pen to give it an embossed feel and shine.

No comments