Powered by Blogger.

Birthday Wishes Viva la Verve

Hi friends! I'm popping in today with another take on the May Viva la Verve sketch. And I used the color pink to make it a two-fer for the May Diva Inspirations challenge too.


I just love the colors in the new Havana collection from Prima, so I started there, cutting pieces down to size, then sponging the pink layers in tattered rose and then old paper and the mint pieces in cracked pistachio and old paper distress inks.

I added a super thin layer of gesso to the pink circle so my sentiment wouldn't compete with the background paper, then stamped in Hero Arts Intense Black. I then stamped the flowers from the Joyful Blooms set in black and colored with Kuretake Zig clean brush markers and a wink of stella clear glitter pen.  I cut the large and medium flower with the coordinating dies from the Joyful Blooms Die Set, then fussy cut one more to curl the edges and pop up for a little dimension.


I then cut the Dreamy Leaves die from mint macaron cardstock and used a marker to draw in a few veins, then inked with cracked pistachio and old paper. I added a doily die cut frame to the circle, then finished off with a bit of lace, a butterfly and some nuvo drops and flatback pearls.


If you like to die cut your stamped images, Verve has a pretty awesome sale through the end of the month. Buy a stamp set and get the coordinating die set at 75% off! The perfect time to stock up.


Thanks so much for stopping by today! I hope you have a fabulous Fri-YAY!


Enabler's List
Stamps: Joyful Blooms (Verve Stamps)
Paper: Havana (Prima), white, mint macaron (SU!)
Ink: intense black (Hero Arts), cracked pistachio, old paper, tattered rose distress ink (Ranger), mint macaron (SU!), Kuretake real color clean brush markers (Zig)
Accessories: Joyful Blooms and Dreamy Leaves die sets (A Cut Above by VERVE), stitched circle dies (MFT), doily die (QuicKutz), lace, butterfly (Recollections), gesso, flatback pearls, Nuvo drops (Tonic)

5 comments

JoAnn said...

Beautiful card. The lovely papers are a great backdrop for the pretty flowers and butterfly. Love how you inked around the edges of the papers.

Christi Flores said...

Gorgeous card!! I am in LOVE with that paper and those flowers! Off to check out the Verve sale!! ;)

Marisa said...

Gorgeous!!!

CherylQuilts said...

Julee, this is gorgeous! I love the soft DP and wonderful sketch, and the doily and butterfly are perfect finishing touches! What a beautiful birthday card! Hugs! xoxo

Purple Princess said...

I love the colors and shabby chic look!