Powered by Blogger.

Liberty and Poppies

Hi friends! There's a new inspiration challenge at The Card Concept this morning.  I loved those ampersands in the inspiration graphic, which inspired my paper selection.  The gold and pink with a lot of neutral pulled me in, and pretty soon I had this fun little freestyle collage card.


I loved the text on this paper and the day I made this card I had made a little donation outside a store to VFW and received a sweet little Buddy Poppy. The liberty on the paper brought that poppy to mind and so I set out to make a fun birthday card with the Poppy Birthday set. I cut the flowers with the Build a Poppy Die Set , making several of each size, then used my MISTI to line up the stamping on each flower.  I layered them together, then cut some leaves from some rose gold cardstock. I added a bit of accent with a blushing bride marker on the poppies, then added a bit of gold foil to the centers.


Next I used a glue pen to color the & symbol and also to highlight some of the brick cracks in the background paper and foiled them as well.  I stamped the happy birthday sentiment directly on this paper, then embossed in gold.  I finished off with some loops of twine and a bunch of scattered sparkly gold enamel dots.

Thanks so much for stopping by today! I hope I've inspired and you're ready to go join in the fun over at The Card Concept.  Hop on over there to see what the other designers are sharing today with this inspiration.

Enabler's List
Stamps: Poppy Birthday (Verve Stamps)
Paper: C'est La Vie (Pink Paislee), rose gold crackle (Recollections), white (Neenah)
Ink: blushing bride (SU!), onyx black (Versafine)
Accessories: Build a Poppy Die Set (A Cut Above by VERVE), natural linen thread, gold foil (Ranger), gold enamel dots, paper distresser, glue pen, MISTI


7 comments

Purple Princess said...

Pretty!!

Michele K. Henderson said...

Julee, this is so pretty! I love this idea!
Take Care,
Michele

Julie Gearinger said...

Wow, Julee!! Love the layered poppies as well as your choice of background paper- perfect for our challenge!! You are always such an inspiration, sweet friend!! Hugs and prayers :-)

Kim Heggins said...

Fabulous card...love your sweet poppies...they really look so amazing on your card with that wonderful background!

Nancy Penir said...

Just going over and over your fabulous card, Julee. Adore every detail! Lovely!

JoAnn B. said...

This is so pretty. Love the poppies and the rustic looking design. TFS

Karen Davis said...

I love this grouping of flowers Julee. The color you have used is so luscious and so perfect against your gorgeous background.