Powered by Blogger.

Take Joy

Hi friends! It's Monday again and time for a new sketch over at Mojo Monday.  This week has some fun skewed panels and lots of layers, perfect for playing with pretty papers. After 7 weeks of respiratory infection, I'm so DONE with winter, and thought I'd bring a little spring to my studio, even if it's still trying to snow outside.

Handmade card by Julee Tilman using Verve Stamps. www.poeticartistry.blogspot.com

I pulled out some super fabulous plaid papers and the Petals & Wings stamp set and got to work, cutting each layer and matting with white.  If you like measurements, here's what I used... the largest designer paper panel is 2.5" x 4.5" the vertical rectangle is 2.25" x 3.25" and the square is 2.25" x 2.25"  My aqua horizontal piece is 1" x 5.5". The card base is embossed with a polka dot embossing folder and I wrapped a bit of white linen thread in a bow and accented with a dew drop.

Handmade card by Julee Tilman using Verve Stamps. www.poeticartistry.blogspot.com

The butterflies and sentiment from Petals & Wings are stamped directly onto patterned paper and I cut with the coordinating Wings & Petals Die Set.  I stamped the antennae onto a piece of white cardstock cut with the circle die from the Springtime Stitches die set, then layered it all together, finishing off with some black pearls for the butterfly bodies.


If  you're like me and wishing to bring a little spring to your crafting, Verve has a fabulous little Wishing for Spring sale going on right now.  30% off a whole bunch of springtime classics.

Mojo Monday 486 Card Sketch designed by Julee Tilman. www.mojomonday.blogspot.com
Mojo Monday 486 Card Sketch
Thanks so much for stopping by today! I hope you have a fabulously creative start to your week. For a little more inspiration, be sure to hop on over to the Mojo Monday blog to see what the other designers are sharing today.

Enabler's List
Stamps: Petals & Wings (Verve Stamps)
Paper: Perfectly Plaid (Lawn Fawn), white (Neenah)
Ink: onyx black (Versafine)
Accessories: Wings & Petals Die Set, Springtime Stitches Die Set (A Cut Above by VERVE), linen thread, dew drop, flatback pearls, dots embossing folder (QuicKutz)


15 comments

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Awww.... This is so sweet and lovely!! Fabulous card, love it very much! Pinned
I too have a respiratory infection, and understand so well how you feel: it's terrible! :(
A lot of crafty friends all around in the world are in the same condition. It's incredible how the viruses sprinkles fast and far!
Get well soon

Stampingcountry said...

So Pretty! Love all the plaids!

Purple Princess said...

Love the plaid!!

Tricia T said...

Happy Spring! I love the colors on this card!!

craftyd said...

Gorgeous card, love your combo of plaids. Yes we do need a bit of spring, we got a bunch of snow again too.
Dolores

creationsnz said...

So dynamic and beautiful colours!

Lynn Hoyt said...

Such a darling, warm card with that collection of adorable plaid papers in bright sunny colors. I am normally not a plad person, but these papers are an exception.

Cynthia said...

Lovely mix of colors and patterns, Julee. I agree, it's nice to have a touch of Spring. More snow expected today in Anchorage! :)

Suzanne H said...

I love the plaid. So Springy

Christi Flores said...

Girl this is GORGEOUS!!! I am such a sucker for plaid and these colors are just wonderful! :)

Wanda Cullen said...

LOVE all the layered plaids you used! Beautiful spring colors! I'm on week one of battling a horrendous cold! I don't think I could tolerate another 6 weeks like you had to do! :-(

Lisa Lynn said...

Very spring card and LOVE those plaids and your bright colors.

Shawnna said...

So super cute! I love the textures, colors and butterflies. Adorable!

Carmela said...

Love the gorgeous plaids and butterflies. Feels like Spring is coming!!

Kate said...

Pretty Spring colours. I'm willing it on too by using lots of pastel colours. Sorry to hear you've not been well, sending you sunshine !!!