Powered by Blogger.

More than Chocolate

Hi friends! It's Monday again already and that means it's time for a new Mojo Monday sketch.  My son, Trevor, helped me with the sketches this month.  He sat on my lap and told me what shapes to draw and where to draw them.  I think we might have a little sketch master in the making! {grin} When we finished the month's sketches he told me he would help me with February's on another day, he needed a break!


As my boys say, it's been winter for days and days and days around here. With all the snow and rain and freezing temperatures, I felt like I needed a little perking up.  So I chose these fun, vibrant papers from the Fancy Free collection by Pink Paislee.  Each layer is matted in basic gray cardstock.  I stamped the sentiment and the candy hearts from the Chocolate set in grey ink, then colored the candies with copics and die cut the circles.  The Chocolate Word Die  is cut from basic gray cardstock and I finished with a bit of taffeta ribbon and a bow.

It wasn't planned, but I kind of love how the word bubble that catches my eye on the designer paper is the one that says "whatever".  Which is what I can totally imagine Mark saying when he reads this sentiment!  LOL


Thanks so much for stopping by today. Head on over to the Mojo Monday blog to see what the other designers did with this sketch.  We hope you'll play along!

Enabler's List
Stamps: Chocolate (Verve Stamps)
Paper: Fancy Free (Pink Paislee), basic gray, blushing bride (SU!), white (Neenah)
Ink: Lava Rock (Altenew), markers (Copic)
Accessories: Chocolate Word Die (A Cut Above by VERVE), stitched circles STAX (MFT), classic and pinking circles nestabilities (Spellbinders), taffeta ribbon (SU!), Nuvo crystal drops (Tonic)

15 comments

Christine said...

Trevor has it right----have some creative fun and take a break when it's time. The bright colors in this card are fabulous, and the layers work together so well! Wishing you sunshine from inside if not from the skies.

JoAnn said...

Such a fun card. I love it.

Nancy said...

Love the bright colors Julee! This stamp set and matching die is one of my favs! Hope your weather clears up soon, I think I would be going stir crazy by now! Take care!

Kate said...

Sweeet!!! I love your stamps more than chocolate too! Well, they're a close second!

Maureen said...

Isn't that why we have children, for free labour? LOL. I'm sure he'll be designing stamps soon enough :). Love the cheekiness and humour in your card today. We are feeling a winter of "days and days and days." Just came off a week of "in" days at school but the weather has warmed up so this week should be outside days! Yay! Is this going to be Mark's Valentine card?! Ox

Hetty said...

Awesome card, Julee, colorful and delicious.

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Adorable and colourful card!

Cynthia said...

Adorable!

Wanda Cullen said...

So colorful and fun!

Tammy said...

Such a cute card! I really like lots of patterned paper with this sketch. You've picked a great combination. Thanks for bringing us sketches and beautiful examples each week!

Davi said...

Darling card,,,I love the papers, very fun and cheery! Layers and image make a perfect card :)

Jeanne J. said...

So pretty! I love the papers.. and chocolate. .. you won me over !!

Purple Princess said...

Beautiful!!

Papercrafting Princess said...

Awe...totally cute card!

Kim said...

That must be a real lot of love!! I love your ribbon and how you tied the bow!!