Powered by Blogger.

Autumn Greetings Card Concept 60

Hi friends! It's time for a new inspiration challenge over at The Card Concept and this one is full of autumn splendor. As soon as I saw the photo, I knew I wanted to pull in the color of that sunflower in a fun background.


I started out with some fabriano watercolor paper, scraped lightly with a coat of gesso. Next I stenciled the harlequin background in whipped spackle using the negative cut of a Tim Holtz Mixed Media die. While this was drying, I started in on my pumpkin.

The pumpkin from the Everything Nice stamp set is stamped in pumpkin pie, then to pull in the chevrons from the inspiration, I inked up the chevron border from Borderline and stamped in white pigment over the pumpkin two times.  I then clear embossed the whole thing. The cheveron stamping didn't show up quite as much as I'd hoped, so I filled it in with a paint brush and some opaque white Copic ink.  This piece is cut with the coordinating Pumpkin Spice Die Set.

The leaves in the photo made me think of a package of leaves I had picked up from Michaels on a recent trip.  I pulled one out, scraped with a bit of gesso, then spritzed with Dylusions ink to add a bit of texture.  By this time, my stenciled background was dry and I sprayed on some Dylusions ink to make my watercolored background.  I dried with a heat gun and then embossed the Autumn Greetings sentiment from Everything Nice in copper.  To bring a bit more cohesiveness to the piece, I lightly scraped some versamark ink onto my leaf, then embossed with the same copper ink.


For embellishments I chose some tangled twine, copper nailheats and scattered bling.  The background of the card is crumb cake embossed with a leaves embossing folder and sponged with vintage photo ink.  I added a strip of designer paper down the side to balance the color, then distressed the edges and glued it all together.

Thanks so much for stopping by today! I hope you have a fabulous day. For more inspiration, be sure to head on over to The Card Concept blog and see what the other designers have done in their own styles.

Enabler's List
Stamps: Everything Nice (Verve Stamps)
Paper: crumb cake (SU!), designer paper scrap (BoBunny), watercolor note card (Fabriano)
Ink: lemon zest, pure sunshine Dylusions ink spray, vintage photo distress ink (Ranger), pumpkin pie (SU!), gesso, Versamark, opaque white (Copic)
Accessories: Pumpkin Spice Die Set (A Cut Above by VERVE), twine, Tim Holtz Mixed Media Thinlits (Sizzix), whipped spackle (Faber-Castell), nailheads, leaf (Recollections), bling, clear embossing powder

9 comments

Silver C said...

perfectly fall-looking!

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Wow!!! How detailed with all these wonderful textures and perfect autumnal and rustic colours!! A fabulous piece of art!!

Christine said...

This is a gorgeous fall card. I love the rich colors, and the products you applied to the leaf make it look so realistic. What fun!

Michele K. Henderson said...

This is so terrific in so many ways! I think I like the background texture and color best of all--just gorgeous with terrific layers of steps! Love it!
Take Care!
Michele

CherylQuilts said...

Wow, Julee, you are getting oh so good at doing mixed media! Your background is amazing and gorgeous! The colors are so striking and just shout fall is here! And what a sweet pumpkin. I need to pull that one out soon and use it. This is the time of year (even though we are having 80+ degree weather yet! That's South Florida! Hugs, sweet friend, and thanks for sharing this gorgeous card! xoxo

McStamper said...

Beautiful card. Your blog is one of my favorites - always enjoy your wonderful inspiration.

Marisa said...

LOVE! Those colours and of course the maple leaf make me swoon. Love the added texture and the glitter on the pumpkin is perfect!

Jen Timko said...

As always, I'm just oohing and aahing over this card. Gorgeous!

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

So gorgeous! Love the leaves and all the fabulous texture!