Powered by Blogger.

Kind Mojo

Hi friends! It's Monday again already and time for a brand new Mojo Monday sketch. We haven't done a tall & skinny sketch in a while, so I thought it was time to sketch one out.

Handmade card by Julee Tilman featuring Verve Stamps. www.poeticartistry.blogspot.com

I started with this long verse from the Potter's Clay set that just released. I knew it would be perfect for that long panel and picked out some tropical feeling papers that I just loved.  A scrap of yellow was on my desk from a previous project, and so I decided to add a little yellow as accent, stamping one of the floral sprays in so saffron all around the verse to pull in the color a bit more.

For accent, I added a Scalloped Trim Trio die cut to my horizontal panel and a row of adhesive bling for a bit of flash. My taffeta ribbon needed a bow in the corner and I finished off with some rounded corners and a few enamel dots.

Handmade card by Julee Tilman featuring Verve Stamps. www.poeticartistry.blogspot.com

Thanks so much for stopping by today.  I had a wonderful weekend filled with lots of art that seemed to revive my weary soul just a bit. Love this little photo of Trevor during our crafternoon watercolor session yesterday. His artist's soul is already shining brightly at a very young age. He often asks if we can "do art" together.

Mojo Monday 463


Enabler's List
Stamps: Potter's Clay (Verve Stamps)
Paper: Happy Place by Dear Lizzy (American Crafts), white
Ink: melon mambo, so saffron (SU!)
Accessories: Scalloped Trim Trio Die Set (A Cut Above by VERVE), taffeta ribbon (SU!), enamel dots, adhesive rhinestone squares, corner rounder.

9 comments

Mary Gunn FUNN said...

A very striking, bold, and lovely card, just like the power of the verse!

Stampingcountry said...

Beautiful Card, beautiful verse!

Ravengirl said...

The tropical papers give this just the right amount of pep! How wonderful to see some of your artistic love in one of your children!

JoAnn said...

What a sweet photo of Trevor.
Love your beautiful card and beautiful verse. The papers are so pretty.

Sue Crease said...

Love this card, great colours. What a cute photo.
Sue

Evelyn S. said...

Such a beautiful and dramatic card! The rounded edges are a nice touch, as well. (I have a 7 year old great-niece who has had me as part of her caregiving for 5 years...she loves "art.")

Unknown said...

Very lovely card! Thanks for sharing Trevor's art time with us too. Precious!

Unknown said...

I love the colours you have used here and mixing with black and white really makes them pop - gorgeous card!

CherylQuilts said...

What a beautiful Scripture, Julee, and I love how you've showcased it with the layout and DP. Beautifully done, and how precious to see little Trevor have a lot of art. Beautiful how God works in each of us. Hugs!