Powered by Blogger.

Poinsettia Joy

Hi friends! I've got a little Christmas in July recap of the current Viva la Verve sketch for you today. You have until Thursday, July 28 to get your entries in for this month's prize drawing.


Well, I had a bit of fun digging through one of my Christmas drawers and rediscovered some glittery snowflake stickers I found on clearance at the end of last season and just had to find a way to use them on my card.

I started out with the poinsettia image from Pinecone Christmas, stamping in archival ink on distress watercolor cardstock.  I then colored with Zig Real Brush Clean Color markers and a water brush and cut with the coordinating Poinsettia Pinecones Die Set.  The Joy to the World plain jane sentiment is embossed  in gold on a vellum panel which I inked with antique linen and vintage photo inks.  Behind this I layered a piece of designer paper, then set things down to get the snowflakes and everything tilted.  I liked the look of it, so went all skewed with the sketch.  I added some gold thread behind my poinsettia, accenting the center with teeny tiny rhinestones.


To finish off, I cut one of the glitzy snowflakes in half and glued it to the bottom edge of the card.

Thanks so much for stopping by!  Hope you have a fabulous weekend.

Enabler's List
Stamps: Pinecone Christmas (Verve Stamps)
Paper: October Afternoon, vellum, white (Neenah)
Ink: Black archival, vintage photo and antique linen distress (Ranger), Real brush clean color markers (Zig)
Accessories: Poinsettia Pinecones Die Set (A Cut Above by VERVE), gold embossing powder (Ranger), glitzy snowflakes (Recollections), rhinestones, gold thread

2 comments

Becca Cruger said...

Warm, glowing, inviting - the epitome of Christmas charm. Love the gold embossing on that vellum overlay! Your layers are divine, here!

Lyn said...

Such a beautiful card, I am always inspired by your cards