Powered by Blogger.

Always Blessed Card Concept

Hi friends!  Happy Wednesday!  It's time for another inspiration challenge over at The Card Concept!

I was inspired by the colors and cascading flowers to make this vintage/shabby chic creation using an old favorite, Be Blessed.  These solid blooms make my heart go pitter patter and purple on a card always reminds me of my grandmother who loved the color lavender.  I stamped the two sizes of flowers in perfect plum and blackberry bliss, then cut with the coordinating Petal Points Die Set and lightly inked the edges with gathered twigs distress ink.


The sentiment panel is sponged with blackberry bliss and gathered twigs and I stamped a couple of the leaf images from Be Blessed in the corners, then embossed the sentiment in white.

I found a bit of lace to accent the edge of the sentiment panel and then layered it all together, finishing off with a few flatback pearls for the flower centers.

Thanks so much for stopping by today!  I hope you'll take a bit of time to head on over to The Card Concept and see what beauties all the other designers came up with for this pretty inspiration piece.


Enabler's List
Stamps: Be Blessed (Verve Stamps)
Paper: green pattern (We R Memory Keeprs), purple pattern (Tim Holtz Lost & Found), white (neenah)
Ink: Versamark, blackberry bliss, perfect plum (SU!), gathered twigs (Ranger Distress)
Accessories: Petal Points Die Set (A Cut Above by VERVE), vintage lace trim, flatback pearls, white embossing powder

13 comments

Monia - Monika Jakubowska said...

Beautiful card, lovely colour combo :)

CherylQuilts said...

What a beautiful card and a wonderful one for the inspiration photo for Card Concept! I love the colors and beautiful flowers, Julee! Hugs!

sandie said...

I really love your shabby chic cards, especially the distressed edges. These bold blooms are fabulous and I so adore the colours x

laurie said...

The bit of lace is so pretty with the bold beautiful blooms!

Rahmat said...

I love you card, specially all the distressing you did Julee! great card from the inspiration.

Davi said...

I really love this card the colors and distressing are so pretty :)

Unknown said...

Oh my! These colors are so striking!! Beautiful!

Annheidel said...

Wow, this is gorgeous! I love the rich colors.

Lilian said...

Just gorgeous!!!
Lilian
The Leaf Studio

Michele K. Henderson said...

Beautiful card, Julee! Just layers and layers of vivid bright color! I LOVE it!
Take care!
Michele

Julie Gearinger said...

Gorgeous!! Love the deep rich colors of the flowers, your distressed edges and that beautiful lace- great job!

Kerin said...

Julee this is stunning! I love the bold colored flowers!

Happy Face said...

Very stunning card...a touch of elegance. Very nice. God bless!