Powered by Blogger.

Without Fear

Hi friends! It's Friday and time for a new sketch over at Viva la Verve! This week's hostess is the lovely Sarah.


For my card, I went with a very loose interpretation of the sketch. {grin} I made another background using the stencil monoprint technique I used on my last card, this time with cracked pistachio and peeled paint. I didn't want to cover up too much of the background, so stamped the Proverbs 31:25 plain jane directly on the background as my vertical panel.

The flowers are from the Button Best set, and cut with the coordinating Petal Points Die Set. The coral pieces are all cut from a piece of cardstock that I smooshed abandoned coral and dried marigold ink onto and watered down, then brayered with a small heart brayer in abandoned coral, adding more water, then blotting off. Did a similar technique for the greenery, which is cut with the Sprightly Sprigs Die Set. The banner is the Pennant Trim Die, accented with some silver pearls and I finished off with a butterfly embellie (drifted a bit in place of the heart in the sketch), a couple flower centers and some white gel pen accents.

I think my favorite part of the card is the happy accident of a wayward splash of abandoned coral ink that hit the "v" in Proverbs exactly right to make it look like a heart.  Little things like that just make my heart happy!  {grin}

Thanks so much for stopping by today. Hope you have a super creative weekend!

VLV April Week 3 Sketch
Enabler's List
Stamps: Button Best, Proverbs 31:25 plain jane (Verve Stamps)
Paper: Watercolor Distress Paper (Ranger)
Ink: abandoned coral, cracked pistachio, dried marigold, peeled paint distress ink, black archival ink (Ranger), white gel pen (Signo Uniball)
Accessories: Pennant Trim Die, Petal Points Die Set, Sprightly Sprigs Die Set (A Cut Above by VERVE), silver pearls, butterfly, flower center rhinestones, hearts brayer (American Crafts)

12 comments

Luanne said...

Absolutely love this! Great interpretation!!

AnnieD said...

This is absolutely beautiful and delightful.

Tricia T said...

Goodness, Julee! This is frameable! What a gorgeous piece of art!

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Oh Gosh, this is so beautiful. I love the green. This rocks my world.

Marisa said...

Adore this! Gorgeous butterfly and love that butterfly! Wonderful when happy mistakes happen :)

Rhonda said...

Stunning card. Love every detail!! :o)

Jennipher said...

Oh my goodness! Love it! I like your loose interpretation of the sketch. I too hate to cover up my stencils but would have never thought to stamp my sentiment over them. Thanks for the inspiration!

Vickie Z said...

Beyond cool!!

Nancy said...

This card is going to go into my favorite Julee Tilman rolodex! Seriously, this is so pretty! Love everything about it...including the accidental heart! Enjoy your weekend!

Lyn said...

Oh my Goodness this is beauty given from above <3 So beautiful

KFE Design said...

Wonderfull card - specially the butterfly.

Tammy said...

Absolutely a gorgeous card!