Powered by Blogger.

Plum Sympathy

Hi friends!  It's the final Monday of the month and that means it's time for a tall and skinny sketch over at Mojo Monday.  This one came together super quick for me.


I started with the New Mercies set and the Antique Lost & Found papers I had out from a previous project.  I stamped the smaller leaves silhouette in Perfect Plum on designer paper, then highlighted with a Perfect Plum marker and a white gel pen.  I added the with heartfelt sympathy sentiment at the top in black and accented with a butterfly die cut.  All of the patterned paper pieces are sponged lightly with vintage photo and black soot, and I added a touch of perfect plum to the bigger panels to pull the color throughout the design.

The embossed background is a paisley folder from Anna Griffin, lightly sponged with vintage photo and black soot and I embellished the card with a bit of black lace trim and some black rhinestones for the butterfly body.

Thanks so much for stopping by today!  I hope you have a fabulous week!
Mojo Monday 395 Sketch

Enabler's List
Stamps:  New Mercies (Verve Stamps)
Paper: Lost & Found - Antique (MME), basic black (SU!), cream (Neenah)
Ink: perfect plum (SU!), black archival, black soot and vintage photo distress (Ranger), white gel pen
Accessories:  Mini Exotic Butterflies Dies, Classic Circles Nestabilities (Spellbinders), black rhinestones, paisley embossing folder (Anna Griffin for Cuttlebug), black lace trim

10 comments

Unknown said...

This is beautiful

Gayle said...

So very pretty!

Stampingcountry said...

Pretty Sympathy Card!

Carla said...

So beautiful!!!

Carla said...

So beautiful!!!

DIANA L. said...

Beautiful Julee I need sympathy cards in my stash, because they are so hard to make when I need them and I have needed quite a few lately, not fun-- but on a happy note thank you for your inspiration. I think I will make a few this week.

Marisa said...

Gorgeous! Love the pop of plum and the butterfly is fabulous (not that I notice butterflies cough, cough wink, wink LOL). Beautiful work as always :)

Pia said...

so beautiful card

JoAnn said...

Beautiful card. Love the pretty butterfly.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Julee, this is one of the most beautiful and elegant Sypathy card I've ever seen, every single detail is placed perfectly, like the subtle tones of Perfect Plum to the sweet butterfly. Like Diana L. said, this types of cards are good to have at hand, so we don't have to struggle to make one on the day we need it.
Thank you so much for sharing.