Flying By

Hi friends!  It's a mid-day, just for fun post!  Hooray!  I've been in need of a little recharge lately, so took a bit of time this afternoon to do something entirely fun and unrelated to work!  I had a couple things in mind, and they came together just how I'd imagined.



First off, I wanted to play along with the spring blog hop over at The Cat's Pajamas.  The deadline to link up is tomorrow, so I'm so happy I found a little time today!  I've had this adorable Flying By set on my desk for quite a while without seeing ink, so today was it's day.

I also wanted to test out the stencil monoprints technique in this week's Splitcoaststampers newsletter, so that's where I started.  I pulled out cracked pistachio and abandoned coral distress inks, a spray bottle and the Poppy Collage stencil from Donna Downey and followed the tutorial.  Oh my word was it so easy to get such a cool background!  I loved my first attempt and knew I had to make a card that allowed the background to shine.

So I stamped Sprinkle flying directly on the background, then stamped it on some texty scraps twice to do the wings and propeller.  I sponged those with matching distress inks, fussy cut and layered over the image on the card base.  I also cut a couple strips of the Cloud Border Cutups and stamped and embossed the coordinating cloud stamp on vellum in white to add to the card.  I finished off with a bit of Stardust Stickles on the clouds and a seam binding bow at the top.

Thanks so much for stopping by today to peek into my craft room!

Enabler's List
Stamps: Flying By (The Cat's Pajamas)
Paper: watercolor distress paper (Ranger), dp scraps (BasicGrey)
Ink: abandoned coral, cracked pistachio distress inks, black archival ink (Ranger)
Accessories:  Cloud Border Cutups (The Cat's Pajamas), Poppy Collage stencil (Donna Downey), seam binding, Stardust Stickles

7 comments

  1. Julee, your background is amazing! I love it in the new colors! The wispy little clouds in vellum are such a great touch! Thanks for leaving some love on my blog about the tutorial (that was my first video!).

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful! I love the colors you chose, and the seam binding looks awesome... it looks like crinkle ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun card Julee. Love the background! Sweet images. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun background you created. Love the colors and the cute image.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just too cute! Great BG :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving these backgrounds you are creating! Awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is absolutely AMAZING Julee! I'm so glad you could play

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to brighten my day with a comment! I love hearing from you.

Back to Top