Powered by Blogger.

Sunny and Bright

Hi friends!  I'm a little late with my Mojo Monday card today, but it's still Monday, right?  {grin}  It was a crazy weekend with Valentine's and Mark's birthday and the boys deciding to start waking up each night screaming at 2am and 4am and 5am and ...  I'm sure you get the idea.

Anyhow, needless to say when I sat down to stamp this morning, I needed a little bit of bright and sunny in my life, so I picked a melon mambo and so saffron color combo and the  Lean on Me  set and got to work.



I made my own patterned paper using tone on tone stamping with flowers from the set for the so saffron and melon mambo layers.  The flower stamp is stamped in melon mambo, then I colored with Copics and finished with a little flicking using a Melon Mambo marker.  It's cut with the coordinating Pointed Flowers Die Set and I added some leaves with the Sprightly Sprigs Die Set.  Some distressing on all the edges, a bit of pen detail around the edges, then an embossed background and some enamel dots finish things off.

Thanks so much for stopping by today!  I hope you have a wonderful start to your week!

Mojo Monday 385
Enabler's List
Stamps: Lean on Me (Verve Stamps)
Paper: melon mambo, so saffron, basic black (SU!), cream (Neenah)
Ink: melon mambo, so saffron (SU!), black, Copic markers, Micron black pen
Accessories:  Pointed Flowers Die Set, Sprightly Sprigs Die Set (A Cut Above by VERVE), wide striped ribbon (SU!), enamel dots, classic circles nestabilities (Spellbinders), Chicken wire embossing folder (Cuttlebug)

12 comments

Jennipher said...

Loving those leaves in black and the color combo is gorgeous! Beautiful!

Samra said...

Stunning fun and bright card!! Thank you for the inspiration !!

Marisa said...

Adore this, Julee!! The bg papers you created are fabulous and adore the off center layered circle. Belated Happy Birthday wishes to Mark (aka: Mr. Verve) and sorry to hear the boys are getting up. Night frights are quite common at this age I've been told... sometimes tied to what they have been reading or watching or hearing? Do an inventory check (my daughter's came from a book she was reading at school) and make sure to say a prayer for protection over their minds while they sleep when you are putting them down. HUGS to you!

DIANA L. said...

Wow! Julee I love how you stamped on the papers to give them the pattern and what a cheerful card indeed. Thanks for another fun challenge. have a blessed day, Diana

Petra Swart said...

Beautiful card, Julee!!!! Great colours!!! Love the B&W stripes!!!

Diana Nguyen said...

Oh, love the pen detailing and that the circles are offset! Hope you get some good uninterrupted sleep tonight.

JoAnn said...

So pretty. Love your stamped background paper and the pretty flower with the flicking. Pretty colors too.

Wanda Cullen said...

Oh, this is so gorgeous! Love the little pen details - especially to the flower! That wide striped ribbon really adds visual interest to the design!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Gorgeous card Julee! I love the DSP you made and your feature flower with the black leaves is fabulous.

Jociel said...

I love love love your sunny and bright card!

D- said...

Your card made me smile. I love the great colors and sweet sentiment. Thanks for sharing.
{hope your boys are sleeping better now}
Crafty hugs,
Dawn
DesignByDragonfly {blogspot}

Lesley said...

Love this, Julee! The stamped background is so light and pretty!