Powered by Blogger.

Snowflake Celebration

Hi friends!  It's Friday and that means it's time for a new challenge over at the Viva la Verve Sketches blog.  This week's hostess is Chaitali and she has a super fun sketch and inspiration pic for you.  Play along with the sketch OR the inspiration, or combine them both.. it's up to you!



I knew when I saw the inspiration pic that I wanted to use the new gown from Masquerade along with the coordinating Gown Die. I'm also playing along with the HYCCT Hope Floats challenge and figured a dress floats across the dance floor and snowflakes float through the air.  I had images of a fun holiday bash or winter formal going through my head, so interpreted the circles on the sketch as snowflakes.  While I was making the card, I discovered the major reason why I'm not a clean & simple stamper... I'm too messy!  {grin}

I had a pretty clean and simple concept for the card, using the snowflakes from Glad Tidings and sentiment from Moments Remembered.  I whipped it up really quickly, glued everything down, then OOPS.. my inky fingers got blushing bride ink where it wasn't supposed to go while I was adding the silver pearls.  {big sigh}  So, out came the Snowflake Tidings Die Set and I stamped a few more snowflakes and die cut them to layer over my oopsies.  I finished with a thin mat of brushed silver cardstock and a white card base.

Thanks so much for stopping by today!  I hope you have a wonderful start to your weekend!

Viva la Verve October Week 3
Enabler's List
Stamps: Masquerade, Glad TidingsMoments Remembered (Verve Stamps)
Paper: blushing bride, brushed silver (SU!), white
Ink: blushing bride (SU!), Versamark
Accessories:  Gown Die, Snowflake Tidings Die Set (A Cut Above by VERVE), adhesive silver pearls, silver embossing powder

1 comment

D- said...

I LOVE your GORGEOUS card. Your die cut snowflakes not only saved your card they added some beautiful dimension. Thanks for sharing.
Crafty hugs,
D~
DesignsByDragonfly.blogspot