Powered by Blogger.

Sketch Splendor



Hi friends!  Happy Friday!  It's time for another Viva la Verve! sketch and this week I'm the hostess with the mostest.  Head on over to the Viva la Verve! forum to play along with us!


My card uses an autumn favorite of mine, Autumn Splendor   I stuck with the same papers I had on my desk.  Just love soft sky for any season, but it seems so perfect with autumn colors.  I made the wheat stamps my focal piece, then used a primitive star die cut, combined with a Flag It die cut to hold my sentiment.  The two cross pieces are stamped tone on tone with the leaves from the Autumn Splendor set.  With the rust paper, I ran it through my paper crimper then sanded over it to get the fun stripes.  The background piece is embossed with that Hexagons SU! folder I love and I added in a Flourished Trim Die die cut and some liquid pearls and wooden stars to finish off.

Thanks so much for stopping by!  I hope you have a fabulous weekend!

Enabler's List
Stamps: Autumn Splendor (Verve Stamps)
Paper: Thankful (Authentique), Soft Sky, Early Espresso, Crumb Cake (SU!)
Ink: Soft Suede, So Saffron, Really Rust (SU!)
Accessories:  Flag It Die Set, Flourished Trim Die (A Cut Above by VERVE), wooden stars (Studio Calico), Classic Circles Nestabilities (Spellbinders), Primitive Stars Die (Sizzix), chocolate liquid pearls (Ranger), Hexagons embossing folder (SU!), paper distresser, paper crimper

9 comments

LeAnne said...

Gorgeous!

Jill Norwood said...

Your card is full of Autumn goodness! Love all the layers of texture!

Tricia T said...

Ooo - these are pretty autumn colors! I need to catch up on my sketches! I got behind last week!!

Kristi said...

Your card is just gorgeous! I love the pale blue mixed with the deeper Autumn colors,it's very striking!

Marisa said...

That soft sky is a gorgeous colour with the fall colours! And there is that hexagon EF again too...hmmmm.... Fabulous card and elements as always :)

April said...

Love that color combination - it makes me happy fall is almost here.
April

Joanne Travis said...

So warm looking and beautiful with those colors. Love the distressed edges.

D- said...

I absolutely LOVE your card. Such a pretty design and color combo. TFS.
D~
http://designsbydragonfly.blogspot.com

Christine said...

Hi Julee,
I am sitting down for some Sunday afternoon crafting time and have a sentiment I'd like to see in a rubber stamp. Each fall, I package some of those yummy candy pumpkins and tie on a little message comparing a pumpkin to a Christian. It's something I've seen in email and floating around on the internet. Not sure if there are copyright issues involved, but if not, I love to have a "stamp able" version of this sentiment!
Thanks,
Christine Miller