Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Verve Stamps + Ribbon Carousel = Crazy Delicious

Hi friends!  Today we've got a special treat for you with a whole lot of eye candy and a couple fabulous prizes up for grabs! The Verve Divas have partnered up with the talented Ribbon Carousel Crew to bring you a joint blog hop! This hop promises to be overflowing with crafty goodness and lots of "loving" inspiration! 
The Verve designers are using some scrumptious ribbon from the Ribbon Carousel in their cards and you'll see some very "lovely" Verve stamps (which just happen to be on sale!) used by the Ribbon Carousel Crew.  It's always fun to see some new perspectives on a set, don't ya think?  Anyhow, we'd love for you to participate and hop along with us for a chance to win some crafty gifts even if you're on the naughty list this year!  {grin}

Now, lets talk prizes!   
Hop along with us today and leave some blog love for the Verve Divas and the Ribbon Carousel Crewmates to be eligible to win one of the 2 prizes up for grabs!  We'll select 2 random commenters from 2 randomly selected designer's blogs, so be sure to spread the love around!

November Release CollectionRibbon Carousel
The Verve Stamps prize is the ENTIRE November Release
and the Ribbon Carousel prize is a NEW Ribbon Carousel with your choice of knob color! 

Ready to Hop?! 
Check out the link list at the bottom of the post.  Now after that big intro, here's my card...



When I received my package of gorgeous ribbons, I just loved the way they looked all lined up.  So I took my inspiration from that and made a fun little ribbon banner card.  Each pennant is made from about a 3" strip of ribbon, folded over and secured with scor-tape and then folded around a piece of thread, which I threaded through two pierced holes I made in the designer paper.  The stamps are from the Wings of Love set by Verve and I matted the heart on the coordinating Wavy Hearts die, then used a clothespin to attach it to my banner.  The background is made of torn scraps I had in my drawer.  I added some book-style washi tape, too, dabbed on a little watered-down gesso, sponged on some black ink and added a dusting of glitter.  Oh, and distressed edges... for some of the interior distressing, I misted a little water on the paper and then lightly scratched the paper until it started to peel up.  So simple, but such a neat effect.  Okay, I think I covered it all.  Now it's time to let your fingers do the clicking...

55 comments:

  1. Amazing Julee. Gorgeous stamping and wow oh wow are your ribbon banners incredible.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those ribbons are beautiful! Love your card - Love the heart stamp too! Really like the idea of using the clothes pin to attach the ribbon bow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Julee, I am new to Verve and only recently joined Mojo Monday...guess I missed the connection. But I actually stumbled upon this blog hop after seeing posts on Kim O'Connell's and the Ribbon Carousel's blogs. I am sure glad I did. I am very impressed by this release and all the gorgeous projects featured. Can't wait to wind up the hop and head on over to browse your other products. I love these sentiments. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful cards, especially your use of ribbon. Simply stunning. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Julee, this is absolutely GORGEOUS! Love your ribbon banner and all that distressing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card! I love the colors and distressing and those ribbons are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh, it's elegant and grungy at the same time! It looks great :)

    Luvs,
    Annie Rose

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful card! I love all the details. The ribbons are gorgeous, and I love your distressed look!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, Julee! You really outdid yourself! That ribbon banner is out of this world! Truly gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is gorgeous! love all the 'stuff' you have on this beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just love the distress look, awesome card.

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOVE the ribbon banner, Julee, and how you tied the cording around the center of the bow! Fabulous as always!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your tatty card, that ribbon banner is fantastic : )

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your card is fab. I love whatyou've done with ribbons. Hugs! xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your cards, I especially love the distressed edges you have been using for a while now. Gorgeous and creative!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Those ribbons are delicious! Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am just in awe of your beautiful work Julee!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Loving what you did with the ribbon, Julee..very creative! Seriously fabulous distressing!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Very pretty card...love the ribbon banner you created.

    ReplyDelete
  20. So beautiful! Love the ribbon banners!

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a wonderful mix of Teams! I am loving the font in this series of stamps! and, your ribbon is beautiful - it just glows!

    ReplyDelete
  22. this is gorgeous Julee, I adore all the ribbon, very sweeet!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  23. As always, love this card Julee. I love the Valentine (ish) with the hearts, your colors and texture. Then there is the ribbon, yummy is all I can say.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I adore your ruffled banner! So fun to see Valentine colors after all the winter holiday cards :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh my - this is beautiful! LOVE your use of ribbon! SOOOO pretty!

    housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
    www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. Gorgeous, gorgeous card. Love the papers you chose to go with all those stunning bows!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Beautiful card! Love all the techniques you used! Great colors, too!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Those ribbons are gorgeous and sets off your heart beautifully! Is the bow made out of double sided ribbons? That darker pink showing against that satiny lighter pink is just amazing! Hope to see some pics of your twins at Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Wow Julee, love your gorgeous card and the pretty ribbon bow.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Lovely card--I like the ribbon banner and the background you created.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Lovely array of colors and elements, Julee~

    ReplyDelete
  32. What a beautiful card Julee.

    Hugs Riet.xx

    ReplyDelete
  33. Stunning card! WOW love all the tones of the ribbon.
    To answer your naughty or nice question, my hubs says it's on the fence;) LOL
    Happy Holidays and congrats to the lucky winners

    ReplyDelete
  34. Oh my goodness, what a stunner!!!! I think your own words describe it the best - crazy delicious! The silky, girly bow against the distressed blacks and greys looks fab, and then the bright pink banner adds just enough girly! I LOVE it :)

    ReplyDelete
  35. What a great use of all that ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Just stunning! These are such beautiful colors and the innovative way you have used them!

    ReplyDelete
  37. So pretty! Love the bow and the ribbon banner, yum!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Julee, this card is amazing! I love how you worked with this ribbon and how well the stamps and ribbons compliment each other. Amazing creation!

    ReplyDelete
  39. This is really beautiful! I love the satin bow & bow banners!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Darling, it's darling1! I think it is clever and cute that you stamped love everywhere and I adore your ribbon banner!

    ReplyDelete
  41. Oh I love all your ribbons thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  42. wow this is so pretty! I love what you've done to the background paper, the white and the pink on there is awesome! Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  43. Two ultra talented design teams...one rockin' blog hop!! Love your ribbon banners...pure gorgeousness!

    ReplyDelete
  44. Amazing card and the way you used ribbons are so beautiful..

    ReplyDelete
  45. WOW, I LOVE this card!! Beautiful! TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  46. Amazing card. The ribbons are so lovely - just love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  47. wow, gorgeous! Love all the layers

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to brighten my day with a comment! I love hearing from you.