Powered by Blogger.

Rejoice

Hi friends! Happy Friday!  I found a little time to sneak away and stamp this week and just had to work some more with the Rejoice paper scraps that were still on my desk from my Mojo Monday card.  Here I paired the papers with the Holiday Greetings set and the Viva la Verve December Week 3 sketch.

Everything came together really quickly, especially since I was mainly using scraps.  I added a little doodled dotted line border around the papers to give each layer a little definition.  One layer is crimped and brushed with white ink to match the faded look of the background paper.  The snowflake is stamped in Riding Hood Red, which I stamped off twice before stamping on my circle for a watermark effect, then embossed the Merry Christmas sentiment over the top in Early Espresso.  I made the wreath from lacey circle Nestabilities, then added Rouge liquid pearls for the berries.  I finished off with a big red and white bow and a Flourished Trim border (on sale right now during our Stocking Stuffer Sale).

Enabler's List:
Stamps: Holiday Greetings (Verve Stamps)

Paper: Rejoice (BoBunny), Crumb Cake (SU!), cream
Ink: Riding Hood Red, Early Espresso (SU!), Jasmine White (Mix'd Media Inx), Walnut Stain (Ranger)
Accessories: Flourished Trim Die (A Cut Above by VERVE), Lacey Circles and Classic Circles Nestabilities (Spellbinders), liquid pearls (Ranger), paper corrugator (Fiskars), ribbon (May Arts)

10 comments

Sparkly Engineer said...

Just beautiful, I really like how you cleverly made a wreath from your circle loopy dies. This is a wonderful take on this sketch. That red striped ribbon bow is scrumptious as well.

scrappingnana said...

Very pretty. Love all the special details.

Dog Mom said...

That is so lovely. I stalk here often and I have to say your designs are always an inspiration. Thank you for sharing.

Maureen said...

now THAT'S a bow! It looks like candy! What gorgeous papers. Have a lovely weekend :)

Anonymous said...

Oh WOW!!!! This is absolutely STUNNING!!!! So so gorgeous!!! I love every detail you've done to this!!!

Marisa said...

Love the wreath you created and that bow is making me drool all over my keyboard LOL! Lovely card as always. Have a great weekend!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Julee, this is GORGEOUS!!! I just LOVE that big, beautiful bow!

Unknown said...

Absolutely gorgeous Julee! Wow I love that wreath so much!

Dawn Easton said...

Julee, this is beautiful! Love the scrappy style!!

Heidi said...

Beautiful as always! This ribbon is amazing!